Are you ready to test how well you know Geography? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about the world?
We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Countries, lands, oceans, and other natural resources on earth.
The questions are mixtures of easy and hard geography, some will push you into making more research about the world we live in.
Check out our uncommon Geography Trivia Questions on Youtube.
1. Which ocean is the saltiest?
Answer- The Atlantic Ocean
2. what is the biggest volcano in the world
Answer- Mauna Loa
3. What is the name of the largest waterfall in the world?
Answer- Victoria falls
4. What separates Africa from Eurasia?
Answer- The Suez Canal in Egypt.
5. What is the deepest part of the world’s oceans?
Answer- the Challenger Deep
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
6. Which European country is called the ‘Land of Lakes’ because several lakes are formed due to melting ice sheets?
7. Which continent contains the most freshwater?
8. Name the deepest river in the United States.
Answer- the Hudson River
9. Which African country shares a land border with most countries?
Answer- Tanzania – 8
10. How many countries do the Sahara desert cover?
11. The historic city of Timbuktu is located in which West African country?
12. Which country is home to Mount Everest?
13. What is the world’s largest shipping port?
Answer- Shanghai, China
14. What letter do cars from Germany have on them when traveling abroad to show what country they come from?
Answer- letter D(Deutschland).
15. Which state in Australia is an Island?
16. Mount Killimajo is located on which continent?
Answer- the African continent
17. Which Italian city is known as the ‘City of Canals’?
18. How many countries does the United Kingdom have?
Answer- 4 collation state
19. What does ‘USSR’ stand for?
Answer- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
20. What is the city of Siagon known as today?
Answer- Ho Chi Minh City
21. Which American City is home to “The Golden Gate Bridge”?
Answer- San Francisco, California
22. Which two continents does Russia belong to?
Answer- Europe and Asia
23. Where is the Tonle Sap lake located?
Answer- Northeast of Cambodia
24. What is the largest steel arch bridge in the world?
Answer- Hell Gate Bridge
25. In which country are the holy cities of Mecca and Medina located?
Answer- Saudi Arabia
26. Which European peninsula got its name from the Turkish word for “Mountain”?
27. In what country would you find the Taj Mahal?
28. The body of the Egyptian Sphinx was based on which animal?
29. Which European City is known as the ‘city of 100 spires’?
30. In which country is the Eyjafjallajökull volcano located?
31. Which desert covers much of Northern Africa?
32. Is Kosovo officially recognized as a country?
Answer- NO ( it’s not recognized by the UN)
33. What is the country with the largest number of islands?
34. What is the coldest inhabited place on Earth?
Answer- Siberia, Russia
35. What is the longest country on earth?
36. How many countries does Oceania have?
37. What is the most populous country in Europe?
38. Madagascar is surrounded by which ocean?
Answer- Indian Ocean
39. In what part of the US do people drive on the left side?
Answer- Virgin Islands
40. Where is the biggest pyramid in the world?
Answer- Cholula, Mexico
41. What is the world’s highest cliff?
Answer- Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, USA
42. What country is home to the tallest tree in the world?
Answer- Redwood National Park, USA
43. Where is the widest river on the planet?
Answer- Rio de la Plata, Argentina
44. The Amazon Forest lies on the territory of how many countries?
45. What is the most popular animal used on flags?
46. What is the region of the world where people smoke the most?
Answer- South-East Asia
47. What is the most dangerous waterway in the world?
Answer- The Great Blue Hole, Belize
48. What is the soil on the moon called?
49. Gravity is a cause of ocean currents. True or false?
50. What is the largest country in the world with no river?
Answer- Saudi Arabia
51. On which island is the Statue of Liberty located?
Answer- Liberty Island
52. What country has the most natural lakes?
53. Where is the world’s largest desert located?
54. How many U.S states does the Mississippi River run through?
55. How many islands does Hawaii have?
56. The U.S state with the longest coastline is………?
57. Liverpool City in England lies by the side of which river?
58. In which American state is the Devil’s Tower located?
59. What is the world’s shortest river?
Answer- Roe River
60. What is the lowest point in the US?
Answer- Death Valley
61. How many US states share a border with Canada?
62. Which world-famous explorer first used the term ‘Dark Continent?
Answer- Henry Morton Stanley
63. What is the largest sea in the world?
Answer- Philippine Sea
64. What planet is closest to Earth?
65. Where can the “Spanish Steps” be found?
Answer- Rome, Italy
66. What Cape sits at the tip of Africa?
Answer- Cape of Good Hope
67. What U.S state is Mount Rushmore located in?
Answer- South Dakota
68. Which is the only country that borders the United Kingdom?
69. Which river flows through Rome, Italy?
Answer- the Tiber
70. What percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered by the ocean?
71. Which country has the most islands?
72. The Andes Mountains serve as a natural land border to which country?
73. What is the most visited Pacific Island?
74. Which continent is Cambodia located in?
75. What is the name of the coldest sea on Earth?
76. Where is the driest place on Earth?
Answer- The Atacama Desert in Northern Chile
77. Seychelles is located in which ocean?
Answer- Indian Ocean
78. Vatican City is enclaved within what city?
79. What county is Buckingham Palace in?
80. Where is Eiffel Tower located?
81. How many time zones are there in the US?
82. What countries are highest above sea level?
Answer- China and Nepal
83. Which country are Victoria waterfalls located in?
84. Which continents does the Strait of Gibraltar separate?
Answer- Europe and Africa
85. What Asian country has the lowest birth rate?
86. What is the largest desert in Australia?
Answer- The Great Victoria Desert.
87. What country is home to the smallest desert in the world?
Answer- Yukon, Canada.
88. How many time zones does Africa have?
89. Where is the largest volcano underwater?
Answer- Tamu Massif
90. What city is technically sinking every year?
Answer- Mexico City
91. How many countries are there in North America?
92. What is the number of Great lakes?
93. Which African country has the largest population?
94. Where is the Great Barrier Reef located?
Answer- In the Coral Sea.
95. What is the largest country in Europe?
96. What is the only country to contain all five English vowels?
97. What is the poorest Pacific Island?
98. How many states are there in the United state?
99. What is the capital of Antarctica?
100. What is the oldest town in the U.K?
101. What is the highest peak in Africa?
Answer– Mount Kilimanjaro
102. In which country can you find the “Finger of God” rock?
I hope you enjoyed these Geography Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 61 Interesting And Surprising Geography Facts Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/
Leave a Reply