Are you ready to test how well you know Arkansas? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Arkansas? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Arkansas.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Arkansas Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Arkansas, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
You can check out our 30 Interesting U.S Trivia Quizzes Video on YouTube
1. Where does Arkansas rank compared to the rest of the states in size?
Answer- It’s the 29th largest.
2. Arkansas borders what state to the south?
3. What is the capital city of Arkansas?
Answer- Little Rock.
4. What is the official Arkansas state nickname?
Answer- The Natural State.
5. What city in Arkansas has the most people?
Answer- La Petite Roche
6. What is the predominant religion?
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
7. On what date did the Territory of Arkansas get admitted to the Union?
Answer- June 15, 1836.
8. The name Arkansas is derived from the same root as the name for what other state?
9. The pronunciation of Arkansas with the final “s” being silent was made official in 1881, by the state legislature after a dispute arose between Arkansas’s what?
Answer- Two U.S. senators.
10. The Mississippi River forms most of Arkansas’s what?
Answer- Eastern border.
11. Arkansas, like most other Southern states, is part of the what?
Answer- Bible Belt.
12. The Mississippi River has major tributaries that include the Arkansas River, the White River, and what?
Answer- The St. Francis River.
13. A US Forest Service survey found that 56% of Arkansas’s total land area is what?
14. Before the arrival of the white man, Arkansas was inhabited by what tribes?
Answer- The Caddo, Osage, and Quapaw.
15. What famous explorer visited the state in 1541?
Answer- Hernando de Soto.
16. Napoleon Bonaparte sold Louisiana to the US in the year 1803, which included Arkansas, in a purchase known today as the what?
Answer- Louisiana Purchase.
17. When Arkansas applied for statehood, what issue was raised in Washington DC?
Answer- The slavery issue.
18. Where was Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, born?
Answer- In Hope, Arkansas.
19. European Americans are found mainly in the northwestern Ozarks and the central part of the state while African Americans live mainly in what parts of the state?
Answer- The southern and eastern parts.
20. What percentage of the population is employed in the agricultural sector in the state?
Answer- About 3%.
21. How many state parks does Arkansas have?
Answer- 52 state parks.
22. What is one of the oldest sports in Arkansas?
23. In 1915 the state created what to regulate and enforce hunting.?
Answer- The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.
24. What is the Arkansas State Beverage?
25. What has the highest elevation in Arkansas?
Answer- Mount Magazine
26. How many airports with commercial service does Arkansas have?
Answer- 8 ( As of the time writing this content)
27. What is the Arkansas State Flower?
Answer- Apple Blossom
28. Arkansas borders which US State to the west?
29. What is the Arkansas State Bird?
30. What is Arkansas’ state motto?
Answer- Regnat Populus
31. What is known as the longest river in Arkansas?
Answer- Mississippi River
32. What is the all-time record high temperature for Arkansas?
33. Arkansas have ________ counties?
34. Name Arkansas’ state Musical Instrument.
35. How many Fortune 500 companies are based in Arkansas, including Walmart?
36. Arkansas is the only US State that produces ______________?
37. Name a U.S. President who was born in Arkansas.
Answer- William Jefferson Clinton
38. In Arkansas, It’s illegal in to honk your horn at a sandwich shop after 9 pm.
39. What did Arkansas vote to do when the Gulf states seceded from the Union in early 1861?
Answer- Arkansas voted to remain in the Union.
40. What do the three stars, below the word “ARKANSAS” on the Arkansas State flag, represent?
Answer- The three countries that the territory belonged to
41. Arkansas seceded after President Lincoln demanded Arkansas troops be sent to where?
Answer- Fort Sumter.
42. In what land region are the Arkansas Boston Mountains found?
Answer- The Ozark Plateau
43. Which famous baseball player was born in Lucas, Arkansas?
Answer- Jay Hanna (Dizzy) Dean
44. what is the Arkansas police department called?
Answer- the Arkansas Department of Public Safety
45. The all-time leading Arkansas quarterback with regard to career passing yards is:
Answer- Tyler Wilson
46. what is the second most populous city in Arkansas
47. What is the most common tree plant in Arkansas
48. What is Arkansas’s favorite music
Answer- country music
49. Is abortion legal in Arkansas?
50. What is the Arkansas governor’s house called?
Answer- Arkansas Governor’s Mansion.
Hope you enjoyed these Arkansas Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply