Ready to be surprised by some of the interesting facts that will leave you speechless? Keep reading as we have compiled some fascinating facts that surely make your day. If you are looking to spice up a boring conversation, then these facts in this article will certainly come to your rescue.
1. The Puffin birds can astonishingly fly underwater and travel at a speed of 55miles per hour.
2. Dynamites are shockingly made from Peanuts.
3. The human nose can remember up to 50,000 scents.
4. A domestic cat is a genetically 95.6% tiger.
5. Interestingly, the World’s best-selling car is the Toyota Corolla. It’s sold once every 15 seconds and it’s sold across 150 countries and regions of the world.
6. The highest desert in the world is known as the Antarctic desert.
7. The best-selling gadget in mobile phone history was surprisingly the Nokia 1100 with over 250 million units sold.
8. You can’t sneeze with your eyes opened.
9. In 1896, the first modern Olympic games were held in Athens Greece. Surprisingly, no female athlete was allowed into the event.
10. Just like humans, Parrots also have the ability to reason.
11. Bizarre but true, humans kill over 1770 animals for food per second.
12. From 1982 to date, at least one Bayern Munich player has always featured in the starting lineup of the FIFA World Cup.
13. Forests surprisingly contribute to a mouthwatering 1% of the world’s Gross Domestic Product which is around $200 billion annually.
14. Eating foods without preservatives will astonishingly increase people’s intelligence quotient up to 14%.
15. Despite having a lot of languages in the world, a certain country called Papua New Guinea has 840 languages.
16. Sadly, an average of two people die every second in the world. 105 per minute, 6,316 per hour, 151,600 per day, and 55.3 million per year.
17. Annually, it is believed that over 4% of cheese across the world are been stolen.
18. 1927, the Model T factory assembled cars within an unbelievable 24 seconds via the assembly line technique.
19. Some set of scientists believe that Dolphins can use their high pitch sound to paralyze a fish while hunting.
20. According to research from a Transportation Institute in Texas in 2019, an average American commuter spends about 54 hours per year in terms of traffic delays.
21. It is believed that individuals who have siblings tend to get along with others easily.
22. The oldest car in the world known as the “De Dion Bouton et Trepardoux Dos-a-Dos Steam Runabout”, was sold in an auction for a whopping sum of $4.26 million in 2011.
23. Popular Civilian vehicles known as Jeeps were originally produced for carrying men and supplies to battlefronts during World War II and were also used in conveying wounded men to safety.
24. Compared to humans, a dolphin hearing aid is ten times better than humans.
25. In ancient times, Spider webs were once used as bandages due to their high volume of Vitamin K which aids clotting.
26. Beneath a lion’s whiskers is a black spot. These patterns are unique and are very similar to a human’s fingerprints.
27. Strange but true, divorcing your partner via the use of text messages is considered a crime in Malaysia.
28. Prior to the year 1920, both Benz and Mercedes were competitors.
29. Sea lions known as Selkies can surprisingly take human form according to some Scottish myths.
30. Shockingly, 2 out of 5 North Korean soldiers are believed to be undernourished according to United Nations figures.
31. Surprisingly, peppers have a relatively higher percentage of Vitamin C than oranges.
32. In Britain, an estimated 100,000 phones are likely to be dropped into the toilets per year.
33. Strange but true, the Aokigahara forest in Japan since the 1960s is often considered the “Forest of Suicide” because hundreds of people go there to commit suicide.
34. Iceland is gradually growing by 5cm per year.
35. For music lovers, it would interest you to know that most car horn honks at the Key F sound.
36. Prior to 1973, thousands of Sperm whales were often killed to get an estimated 29 million pounds of whale oil used in automatic transmission fluids.
37. Surprisingly, Frenchman Zinedine Zidane was never for once caught In an offside position throughout his career as a professional footballer.
38. Since the early 1960s, Dolphins have been often used by the US military to detect underwater mines.
39. When crying tears of joy, the first tear is from the right eye while the reverse is the case when crying tears of sadness.
40. A fight between a tiger and a lion could end in a stalemate as both have the capacity to cancel each other out.
41. The Afghan Hound is believed to be the dumbest dog in the world.
42. Biologically, women’s tears have been proven to reduce testosterone and arousal levels in men.
43. Dolphins surprisingly spend most of their lives holding their breath.
44. The human body contains gold. Its quantity is about 2.3 milligrams. You will need the blood of 40000 people to make 1 gram of coins.
45. In 2015, NASA astronauts ate food that was grown in space for the first time.
46. Dolphins are very intelligent in nature and can understand about 60 words and also show a great sense of awareness.
47. Interestingly, the most expensive pizza in the world takes 72 hours to make and costs up to $12,000.
48. Looks unbelievable, but the youngest mom in the world was Lina Medina who was just 5 years old when she gave birth to her son.
49. When people look at someone they love, their eye pupils rise to a jaw-dropping 45%.
50. The largest padlock in the world weighs a staggering 916 pounds.
51. In 1963, the first and only cat to ever go to space was named “Astrocat”.
Hope you enjoyed these fun facts of the day, please leave a comment and share with your family and friends. Which bird was once used to deliver Olympics results in Ancient Greece? Check out the answer and more 87 Fun Random Trivia Questions and Answers.