Are you ready to test how well you know Algeria? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Algeria? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Algeria.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Algeria Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Algeria, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Which country did Algeria gain independence from?
2. Who was the first president of Algeria?
a. Ahmed Ben Bella.
b. Houari Boumediene.
c. Ben BrahimBoukherouba.
Answer: Ahmed Ben Bella.
3. Algeria is the ___ largest country in Africa.
4. What is the official name of Algeria?
a. The Federal Republic of Algeria.
b. The People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
c. The Democratic Republic of Algeria.
Answer: People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
5. Which of these celestial bodies is not found on the official national flag of Algeria?
6. Which is the longest border of Algeria?
a. Algeria-Mediterranean border.
b. Algeria-Tunisian border.
c. Algeria-Morocco border.
Answer: Algeria-Morocco border.
7. __ is the highest mountain in Algeria.
a. Lalla Khedidja.
b. Djebel Chelia.
c. Mount Tahat.
Answer: Mount Tahat.
8. When did the movement for Algerian independence start?
b. During World War 1.
c. After World War 2.
Answer: During World War 1.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Which desert is located in Algeria?
a. Sahara Desert.
b. Syrian Desert.
c. Sonoran Desert.
Answer: Sahara Desert.
10. How many colors are on the official flag of Algeria?
11. The largest island in Algeria is ___.
a. Cavallo Island.
b. Habibas Island.
c. Rachgoun Island.
Answer: Habibas Island.
12. The presidential tenure in Algeria lasts for __ years.
13. Where in Africa is Algeria located?
14. What is the main religion in Algeria?
15. Which colors are found on the official flag of Algeria?
a. Green, red and white.
b. Green, red and blue.
c. Green, blue and white.
Answer: Green, red and white.
16. What is the national anthem of Algeria called?
17. What does Algeria mean in English?
a. The Islands.
b. The Mountains.
c. The Rivers.
Answer: The Islands.
18. What is the ancient name of Algeria?
a. Numidia Kingdom.
b. Nudimia Kingdom.
c. Duminia Kingdom.
Answer: Numidia Kingdom.
19. When is the National Day of Algeria celebrated?
a. 5th July.
b. 15th July.
c. 25th July.
Answer: 5th July.
20. Which colors make up the background of the official flag of Algeria?
a. Red and white.
b. Green and red.
c. Green and white,
Answer: Green and white.
21. How many UNESCO World Heritage Sites are in Algeria?
22. What is the most occurring natural disaster in Algeria?
23. What is the GMT time difference in Algeria?
24. Which dial code is used in Algeria?
25. When did Algeria gain its independence?
26. What is the approximate length of the coastline of Algeria?
a. 1,600 km.
b. 1,700 km.
c. 1,500 km.
Answer: 1,600 km.
27. One of these is the largest city in Algeria.
b. Sidi Bel Abbes.
28. In what year did Algeria join the United Nations?
29. When did Algeria indirectly leave the European community?
30. Which of these water bodies borders Algeria?
a. Caribbean Sea.
b. Mediterranean Sea.
c. Arabian Sea.
Answer: Mediterranean Sea.
31. What is the most produced crop in Algeria?
32. The major export of Algeria is ___.
a. Petroleum Gas.
c. Vehicle parts.
Answer: Petroleum Gas.
33. Which is the largest airport in Algeria?
a. Houari Boumediene Airport.
b. Soummam Airport.
c. Es Senia Airport.
Answer: Houari Boumediene Airport.
34. The ___ is the tallest building in Algeria.
a. Bahia Center Tower D.
b. Great Mosque.
c. Bahia Center Tower E.
Answer: Great Mosque.
35. What is the capital of Algeria?
36. Which is the largest lake in Algeria?
a. Chott Melrhir.
b. Chott elHodna.
c. Lake of Fetzara.
Answer: Chott Melrhir.
37. The major import of Algeria is ____.
c. Packaged Medicaments.
38. How many wilayas are in Algeria?
39. What is the largest library in Algeria called?
a. National Library of Art, Algeria.
b. National Library of History, Algeria.
c. National Library of Algeria.
Answer: National Library of Algeria.
40. How many countries share boundaries with Algeria?
41. What does the sun on the coat of arms of Algeria mean?
a. The rising sun.
b. A new era.
c. A new country.
Answer: A new era.
42. What is written on the coat of arms of Algeria?
a. Their first president’s name.
b. Peace, love, and integrity.
c. Their official name.
Answer: Their official name.
43. Which is the oldest city in Algeria?
44. The Algerian name for city/municipality is ___.
45. Which of these countries does not share a border with Algeria?
46. What is the currency of Algeria called?
47. Which of these is the largest river in Algeria?
a. Oued Medjerda.
b. Oued Cheliff.
c. Oued Rhumel.
Answer: Oued Rhumel.
48. The national sport of Algeria is ____.
49. The crescent on the national flag of Algeria signifies ____.
a. The creator of the world.
b. Their main religion.
c. The sky.
Answer: Their main religion.
50. What is the largest museum in Algeria?
a. Barbo National Museum of Prehistory and Ethnography.
b. Museum of Fine Arts.
c. National Museum of Antiquities and Islamic Art.
Answer: Museum of Fine Arts.
51. What is the official language of Algeria?
I hope you enjoyed these Algeria Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out Interesting Africa Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/