Are you ready to test how well you know Cyprus? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Cyprus? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Cyprus.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Cyprus Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful country of Cyprus, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the currency of Cyprus?
2. Which animal was said to have been brought into Cyprus to hunt venomous snakes?
3. How many official languages are used in Cyprus?
4. Which of these is not among the official languages of Cyprus?
5. Which Greek goddess was born off the coast of Cyprus?
6. In what year was the current currency of Cyprus introduced?
7. What was the former currency of Cyprus?
b. Cypriot pound.
8. How many seasons are experienced in Cyprus?
9. When did Cyprus become independent?
10. What is the capital of Cyprus?
11. Which of these countries never colonized Cyprus?
12. Which country did Cyprus gain her last independence from?
13. The largest river in Cyprus is ____.
14. What is the major export of Cyprus?
a. Copper ore.
b. Passenger and cargo ships.
c. Refined petroleum.
Answer: Passenger and cargo ships.
15. Cyprus has never been attributed one of these names, which is ____.
16. The major export partner of Cyprus is ___.
a. United Kingdom.
17. Which of these is the most produced food commodity in Cyprus?
18. Where did Cyprus get its name from?
b. Renowned emperor.
c. A deity.
19. In which of these water bodies is Cyprus located?
a. Mediterranean Sea.
b. Caribbean Sea.
c. Pacific Ocean.
Answer: Mediterranean Sea.
20. How many colors are on the national flag of Cyprus?
21. The drawing on the national flag of Cyprus represents ____.
a. A cat.
b. The shape of Cyprus.
c. The Presidential house.
Answer: The shape of Cyprus.
22. What is the official name of Cyprus?
a. Federal Republic of Cyprus.
b. Democratic Republic of Cyprus.
c. Republic of Cyprus.
Answer: Republic of Cyprus.
23. ___ is the largest city in Cyprus.
24. Cyprus is considered culturally and politically part of which continent?
c. North America.
25. Which of these English kings got married in Cyprus?
a. Richard II.
b. Richard I.
c. Richard III.
Answer: Richard I.
26. What is the approximate length of Cyprus’ coastline?
a. 650 km.
b. 640 km.
c. 700 km.
Answer: 650 km.
27. Which of these countries does not share a border with Cyprus?
c. Saudi Arabia.
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
28. The branches on the national flag of Cyprus are of which tree?
29. Which colors are on the national flag of Cyprus?
a. Green. white and red.
b. Green, white and yellow.
c. Green, yellow and red.
Answer: Green, white and yellow.
30. Cyprus is the ___ largest country in the Mediterranean Sea.
31. Which animal is on the national coat of arms of Cyprus?
32. Which is the major import of Cyprus?
a. Recreational boats.
b. Refined petroleum.
Answer: Refined petroleum.
33. The major import partner of Cyprus is ____.
34. Which time zone is used in Cyprus?
35. In what year did Cyprus join the European Union?
36. What is the GMT in Cyprus?
a. GMT +2.
b. GMT -2.
c. GMT +4.
Answer: GMT +2.
37. The dialing code of Cyprus is ___.
38. One of these is the largest airport in Cyprus.
a. Paphos International Airport.
b. Larnaca International Airport.
c. Ercan International Airport.
Answer: Larnaca International Airport.
39. What is the national sport of Cyprus?
40. What is the major religion in Cyprus?
b. Orthodox Christian.
c. Roman Catholic.
Answer: Orthodox Christian.
41. Which is the highest building in Cyprus?
a. Triology West Tower.
c. 360 Nicosia.
42. The largest island in Cyprus is ___.
c. Salamis Island.
43. Cyprus is divided into ___ districts.
44. ____ is the major commercial port of Cyprus.
a. Limassol Port.
b. Pomos Port.
c. Latsi Port.
Answer: Limassol Port.
45. Who was the last Queen of Cyprus?
a. Catherine Cornaro.
b. Catherina Cornato.
c. Catherin Corner.
Answer: Catherine Cornaro.
46. One of the following is the largest lake in Cyprus.
a. Oroklini Lake.
b. Akrotiri Salt Lake.
c. Paralimni Lake.
Answer: Akrotiri Salt Lake.
47. Who was considered the first to settle in the oldest city in Cyprus?
a. Noah’s grandson, Khittim.
b. Abraham’s son, Isaac.
c. Isaac’s son Esau.
Answer: Noah’s grandson, Khittim.
48. Which of the following is the oldest city in Cyprus?
49. ___ is the oldest building in Cyprus.
a. Neolithic Round house.
b. Tombs of the Kings.
c. Forum of Kourion.
Answer: Forum of Kourion.
50. Which is the major electricity source in Cyprus?
b. Heavy fuel oil.
Answer: Heavy fuel oil.
51. The highest peak of Cyprus is ___.
a. Mount Olympus.
b. Selvili Tepe.
Answer: Mount Olympus.
I hope you enjoyed these Cyprus Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Europe Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/