Are you ready to test how well you know East Timor? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about East Timor? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about East Timor.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult East Timor Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful country of East Timor, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Timor is among which Island?
a. Greater Sunda Islands.
b. Greater Antilles Islands.
c. Greater Fragoso Islands.
Answer: Greater Sunda Islands.
2. Which strait is located on the border of East Timor?
a. Wetar Strait.
b. Ombai Strait.
c. Atauro Strait.
Answer: Wetar Strait.
3. When was East Timor annexed?
4. Who was the first president of East Timor?
a. Jose Ramos-Horta.
b. Xanana Gusmao.
c. Francisco Xavier.
Answer: Francisco Xavier.
5. How many colors are on the flag of East Timor?
6. What is the highest peak of East Timor?
7. What is the Timor-Leste Internet Country code?
8. Which country finally annexed East Timor?
c. United States.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Which of these countries never invaded East Timor?
10. Which of these colors is not on the flag of East Timor?
11. Where in Asia is East Timor located?
a. Southeastern Asia.
b. South central Asia.
c. South Western Asia.
Answer: Southeastern Asia.
12. East Timor is part of which archipelago?
13. Which of these is the largest river of East Timor?
a. North Laclo.
b. Comoro River.
c. South Laclo.
Answer: North Laclo.
14. What is another name for East Timor.
a. East Timor.
15. How many stars are on the flag of East Timor?
16. Which sea lies north of East Timor?
a. Timor Sea.
b. Savu Sea.
c. Tmor Sea.
Answer: Savu Sea.
17. ___ is the official name of East Timor.
a. Republic of Timor-Leste.
b. Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
c. Federal Republic of Timor-Leste.
Answer: Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
18. When does East Timor celebrate its Independence Day?
a. November, 18.
b. November, 28.
c. November, 08.
Answer: November, 28.
19. Which country did East Timor gain her independence from?
20. What is the color of the star on the flag of East Timor?
21. Which of these is not found on the coat of arms of East Timor?
22. Which is the highest building in East Timor?
a. Rorre The Point.
b. DFBC Tower 1.
c. Iconic Tower.
Answer: DFBC Tower 1.
23. The largest lake in East Timor is ___.
a. Lake Ira Lalaro.
b. Lake Tasitolu.
c. Lake Lanessana.
Answer: Lake Ira Lalaro.
24. What is the coastline length of East Timor?
a. 700 km.
b. 710 km.
c. 706 km.
Answer: 706 km.
25. What is the capital of East Timor?
26. What does the inscription on the coat of arms of East Timor mean?
a. Honesty, Homeland and People.
b. Honor, Homeland and People.
c. Honesty, Honor and People.
Answer: Honor, Homeland and People.
27. What are the traditional Timorese swords on the coat of arms?
28. What is the official name of East Timor?
29. How many municipalities is East Timor divided into?
30. Which is the currency of East Timor?
a. US Dollar.
b. ET Dollar.
c. Pound sterling.
Answer: US Dollar.
31. The villages of East Timor are called ___.
32. The sun on the coat of arms of East Timor has ___ rays.
33. Which of these does not share maritime borders with East Timor?
34. What is the major electricity source of East Timor?
b. Fossil fuel.
35. When did East Timor gain her final independence?
36. The largest city of East Timor is ___.
37. How many stars are on the coat of arms of East Timor?
38. What is the largest museum of East Timor called?
a. Dare War Memorial Museum.
b. The Archives and Museum of East Timorese Resistance.
c. Chegal Exhibition.
Answer: The Archives and Museum of East Timorese Resistance.
39. In what year did East Timor join the United Nations?
40. How many official languages are spoken in East Timor?
41. What is the dialing code of East Timor?
42. When did East Timor declare herself independent?
43. Which of these is not among the official languages of East Timor?
44. Which is the major export partner of East Timor?
a. South Korea.
45. What is the main religion in East Timor?
46. What is the economic value of East Timor?
47. Which of these is the largest airport in East Timor?
a. Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport.
b. Pante Macassar.
c. Oecusse Airport.
Answer: Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport.
48. When did the independence war of East Timor start?
49. _____ is the major import of East Timor.
b. Refined petroleum.
Answer: Refined petroleum.
50. Has East Timor ever won any medals during the Olympics?
c. I don’t know.
51. When did the United States recognize East Timor as an independent country?
I hope you enjoyed these East Timor Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Asia Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/