Are you ready to test how well you know Ethiopia? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Ethiopia? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Ethiopia.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Ethiopia Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Ethiopia, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. The highest mountain in Ethiopia is ___.
b. Mount TuliuDimtu.
c. Ras Dashen.
Answer: Ras Dashen.
2. Which of the following is the largest river in Ethiopia?
a. Genale River.
b. River Nile.
c. Orange River.
Answer: River Nile.
3. What is the largest national park in Ethiopia?
a. Gambella National Park.
b. Simien National Park.
c. Katta Sheraro National Park.
Answer: Simien National Park.
4. ____ is the largest airport in Ethiopia.
a. Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
b. Bahir Dar Airport.
c. Aba TennaDejazmachYilma International Airport.
Answer: Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
5. What is the capital of Ethiopia?
c. Addis Ababa.
Answer: Addis Ababa.
6. Which of the following is the major export of Ethiopia?
c. Crude Oil.
7. The most acidic lake in Ethiopia is ___.
a. Dallol Lake.
b. Ziway lake.
c. Shala Lake.
Answer: Dallol Lake.
8. Which time zone is used in Ethiopia?
a. East Africa Time.
b. West Africa Time.
c. Central Africa Time.
Answer: East Africa Time.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Which of these currencies is used in Ethiopia?
10. __ official languages are spoken in Ethiopia.
11. Who was the first emperor of Ethiopia?
a. Halie Selassie.
b. Menelik I.
c. AmdaSeyon I.
Answer: Menelik I.
12. Ethiopia was never colonized by a European power.
13. About how many years behind the world’s Calendar is Ethiopia’s Calendar?
a. 2 to 3
b. 5 to 6
c. 7 to 8
Answer: 7 to 8
14. What is the Head of Government of Ethiopia called?
b. Prime minister
Answer: Prime minister
15. Which of these is not among the official languages of Ethiopia?
16. Ethiopia is the ____ in Africa.
c. 2nd largest.
Answer: 2nd largest.
17. What was Ethiopia formerly known as?
18. How many climates are experienced in Ethiopia?
19. How many months are in a year in Ethiopia’s Calendar?
20. Which part of Africa is Ethiopia located in?
a. West Africa.
b. East Africa.
c. Central Africa.
Answer: East Africa.
21. Which calendar is used in Ethiopia?
a. Julian Calendar.
b. Solar Calendar.
c. Lunar Calendar.
Answer: Solar Calendar.
22. How many days are in the last month of the Ethiopian calendar?
23. Which of these countries broke away from Ethiopia?
a. South Sudan.
24. Who was the most successful emperor of Ethiopia?
a. Menelik I.
b. Halie Selassie II.
c. Halie Selassie I.
Answer: Halie Selassie I.
25. How many colors are on the national flag of Ethiopia?
26. What is the most common natural disaster in Ethiopia?
27. Which is the national sport of Ethiopia?
28. The most eruptive volcano in Ethiopia is __.
a. Erta’Ale Volcano.
b. Ma Alatla Volcano.
c. Afdera Volcano.
Answer: Erta’Ale Volcano.
29. Who was the last emperor of Ethiopia?
a. Menelik I.
b. Halie Selassie.
c. Menelik III.
Answer: Halie Selassie.
30. Which is correct about the colors of the Ethiopian national flag? The colors are ____.
a. Green. White, red, and black.
b. Green, yellow, red and black.
c. Green, yellow, red and blue.
Answer: Green, yellow, red and blue.
31. Which of these is the oldest city in Ethiopia?
32. Ethiopia has ____ National Regional States.
33. Which is the oldest building in Ethiopia?
a. The Yeha Temple.
b. Gondar Castle.
c. Church of Lalibela.
Answer: The Yeha Temple.
34. Was Ethiopia the first African country to accept Islamism as a religion?
c. I don’t know.
35. The major religion of Ethiopia is ____.
36. When is the New Year celebrated in Ethiopia?
a. 9th January.
b. 6th January.
c. 8th January.
Answer: 9th January.
37. When is the national day of Ethiopia celebrated?
a. May 28.
b. June 28.
c. April 28.
Answer: May 28.
38. ___ is the major export partner of Ethiopia.
a. Saudi Arabia.
b. United States.
Answer: United States.
39. Which is the major import partner of Ethiopia?
b. United States.
40. Where in Africa is Ethiopia located?
a. Gold Coast.
c. Ivory Coast.
41. Coffee originated in Ethiopia.
42. Which is the highest building in Ethiopia?
a. Nani Tower.
b. African Union Headquarters.
c. Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
Answer: Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
43. What is the approximate length of Ethiopia’s coastline?
a. 0 km.
b. 10 km.
c. 100 km.
Answer: 0 km.
44. What is the official name of Ethiopia?
a. Federal Republic of Ethiopia.
b. Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
c. Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
Answer: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
45. How many countries does Ethiopia share its borders with?
46. The most populated state in Ethiopia is ____.
b. Addis Ababa.
Answer: Addis Ababa.
47. What is the dialing code of Ethiopia?
48. The largest island in Ethiopia is ___.
a. Dek Island.
b. Daga Island.
c. Shala Island.
Answer: Dek Island.
49. Which is the largest region in Ethiopia?
50. Which is not among the countries that share its border with Ethiopia?
51. The smallest region in Ethiopia is ____.
I hope you enjoyed these Ethiopia Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out Interesting Africa Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/
Leave a Reply