The Pyramids of Giza is one of the oldest pyramids in the world. It was built by the European Kings; Menkaure, Khafre, and Khufu.
Find out more about these Egyptian pyramids from the following facts.
We will be uncovering some uncommon and fascinating facts about the Pyramid of Giza that lots of people don’t know. Relax and get ready for surprises.
1. The highest pyramid of the Pyramid of Giza is the Pyramid of Khufu also known as the Great Pyramid of Giza.
2. There are no writings on the Great Pyramids of Giza.
3. The Pyramid of Menkaure is the youngest of the Pyramids of Giza.
4. The Pyramids of Giza get about 14 million visitors yearly.
5. There are 3 pyramids included in the Pyramids of Giza.
6. The Pyramids are the only remaining wonders of the Ancient World.
7. They are not the only pyramids in Egypt.
8. The Pyramids of Giza were not the first pyramids to have been built. The Pyramid of Djoser also in Egypt is the oldest pyramid which was built about 70 years before the Pyramids of Giza were built.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. There are about 2 million blocks of stone in the Pyramid of Khufu.
10. The three pyramids were built for kings and were named after them; Khafre, Menkaure, and Khufu.
11. The height of these pyramids has shrunken with time.
12. The Pyramids of Giza became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
13. The entrance fee into the Pyramids of Giza ranges from $599-$2099.
14. The Great Pyramid of Giza is about 480 ft tall.
15. The oldest Pyramid of Giza is the Pyramid of Khufu.
16. The door of the Great Pyramid used to be invisible to keep off grave robbers.
17. The chambers of the pyramids are practically empty and were only used as tombs for the kings then and their relatives.
18. There are three chambers in the Khufu Pyramid which were built to contain treasures that the king would take to his afterlife.
19. The Khafre Pyramid is about 448 ft tall.
20. The Pyramids of Giza are among the 7 wonders of the world.
21. The Pyramid of Menkaure is about 213 ft tall.
22. The Pyramids were built by the Egyptians themselves.
23. The stones used in building the pyramids were very heavy and the heaviest one weighed about 80 tons.
24. It is believed that the granites that were used in building the pyramids were gotten from Aswan.
25. The Pyramids of Giza were the tallest building in the world for over 3,800 years.
26. There’s a chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza called the placeholder which is used as a burial ground for the Queen.
27. There are some smaller pyramids around the Pyramids of Giza.
28. Some people who worked on the Pyramid of Giza had their own tombs built around the Pyramids of Giza with simple offerings of food and beer.
29. After the completion of the Great Pyramid of Giza, it was the highest building in the world.
30. The Pyramids of Giza are about 4,500 years old.
31. The Pyramids of Giza weigh about 6 million tons.
32. The width of the base of the Great Pyramid of Giza is about 756 ft.
33. Some materials used in building the pyramids include basalt, gypsum, limestone, bricks, some baked mud, etc.
34. Gypsum was the mortar used in building these pyramids.
35. The Great Pyramid of Giza was built more than 20 years.
36. Some tools used in building these pyramids include, granite hammers, copper pickaxes, dolerite, etc.
37. The Menkaure pyramid was completed around 2600 BC.
38. The Khafre Pyramid was completed around 2570 BC.
39. The Pyramid of Khufu is about 138 meters high.
40. The Pyramids of Giza were originally covered in glimmering limestone which was polished and was said to reflect the rays of the sun.
41. The Khufu Pyramid was completed around 2560 BC.
42. The construction of the Pyramids of Giza started during the 4th dynasty.
43. The sides of the Pyramids of Giza are aligned in Cardinal Directions.
44. The Great Pyramid of Giza measures about 2.6million cubic meters in volume.
45. The largest of the pyramids of Giza is the Pyramid of Khufu.
46. Climbing onto the walls of the Pyramids of Giza is prohibited.
47. The closest airport to the Pyramids of Giza is Cairo Airport.
48. It is highly advised to take more than enough water with you when entering the pyramids due to the dry heat weather.
49. Gadgets and some other things like bags etc aren’t allowed into the Pyramids of Giza.
50. Entering into the Pyramids of Giza is totally allowed.
51. The King’s chamber is also called the Khufu’s sarcophagus.