Do you think you know everything about Gabon? Think again, because this Interesting Gabon trivia quiz will expose you to many fascinating things about Gabon.
It will help you learn some essential things you should know about Gabon that you probably do not know. We have lined up some mind-blowing and error-free Gabon Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful country, Gabon.
1. One of these is the oldest building in Gabon.
A. Cathedrale Saint Louis.
B. Notre-dame de Lourdes.
C. Sainte-Marie Cathedral.
Answer: Sainte-Marie Cathedral.
2. What is the national animal of Gabon?
A. Giant panda.
B. Black Panther.
C. Gray Wolf.
Answer: Black Panther.
3. How many colors are on the national flag of Gabon?
4. ___ is the national bird of Gabon.
A. Gabon coucal.
B. Pygmy Goose.
C. Comb Duck.
Answer: Gabon coucal.
5. The national food of Gabon is__.
C. Poulet Nyembwe.
Answer: Poulet Nyembwe.
6. What is the national anthem of Gabon called?
A. Le Concorde.
B. La Concorde.
C. La Concord.
Answer: La Concorde.
7. What is the national game of Gabon?
A. Water Polo.
C. Body wrestling.
8. One of these is the national tree of Gabon.
A. Flame tree.
B. African Blackwood.
Answer: flame tree.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Which is the national flower of Gabon?
A. Yellow trumpet.
B. White variety orchid.
C. Delonix Regia.
Answer: Delonix Regia.
10. Which of these is not found on the national coat of arms of Gabon?
11. Who was the first female president of Gabon?
A. Ali Bongo Ondimba.
B. Julien Nkoghe Bekale.
C. Rose Christiane Raponda.
Answer: Rose Christiane Raponda.
12. Who was the first president of Gabon?
A. Léon M’ba.
B. Jean-Hilaire Aubame.
C. Ali Bongo Ondimba.
Answer: Léon M’ba.
13. Who is the incumbent president of Gabon?
A. El Hadj Omar Bongo Ondimba.
B. Ali Bongo Ondimba.
C. Jean-Hilaire Aubame.
Answer: Ali Bongo Ondimba.
14. Which is the largest river in Gabon?
A. Benito River.
B. Nyanga River.
C. Ogooué River.
Answer: Ogooué River.
15. What is the largest airport in Gabon called?
A. Léon-Mba International Airport.
B. Port-Gentil Airport.
C. Lambaréné Airport.
Answer: Léon-Mba International Airport.
16. What is the general vegetation of Gabon?
B. Tropical rainforest.
Answer: tropical rainforest.
17. One of the following is the largest dam in Gabon.
A. Kinguélé Aval.
B. Grand Poubara Dam.
C. Belinga Dam.
Answer: Grand Poubara Dam.
18. Which is the largest container port in Gabon?
A. Libreville Port.
B. Owendo Port.
C. Port Gentil.
Answer: Port Gentil.
19. Which of these islands cannot be found in Gabon?
A. Príncipe Island.
B. Victoriá Island.
C. São Tomé Island.
Answer: Victoriá Island.
20. ___ is the largest museum in Gabon.
A. Akanda National Park.
B. Lopé National Park.
C. National Museum of Arts, Rites, and Traditions of Gabon.
Answer: National Museum of Arts, Rites, and Traditions of Gabon.
21. In what order are the colors in the Gabon national flag arranged?
A. Green, yellow, and black.
B. Yellow, black and green.
C. Black, yellow and green.
Answer: green, yellow, and black.
22. What is the largest city in Gabon?
23. Which one of the following is the largest library in Gabon?
A. Université Omar Bongo.
B. Caisses see dépôts et consignations.
C. Bibliothèque et Archives Nationales du Gabon.
Answer: Bibliothèque et Archives Nationales du Gabon.
24. How many provinces are in Gabon?
25. In what year did Gabon gain her independence?
26. When is the National Day of Gabon?
A. 7th August.
B. 17th August.
C. 27th August.
Answer: 17th August.
27. How many countries does Gabon share its boundaries with?
28. What is the length of the Gabon coastline?
29. Which of these cities has served as the capital of Gabon?
30. What is the official language of Gabon?
31. What is the most practiced religion in Gabon?
C. Islamic religion.
32. In which part of Central Africa is Gabon located?
33. The tallest building in Gabon is called __.
A. Tower Centre Guido II.
B. Banque des Etats de l´Afrique Centrale.
C. Residential Building.
Answer: Banque des Etats de l´Afrique Centrale.
34. Which is the main food crop in Gabon?
35. Which is the most exported commodity in Gabon?
A. Sawn Wood.
B. Manganese Ore.
C. Crude Petroleum.
Answer: crude Petroleum.
36. ___ is the main import of Gabon.
A. Oil Palm.
37. Which is not among the boundaries of Gabon?
C. Equitorial Guinea.
38. The highest mountain in Gabon is __.
A. Mont Bengoué.
C. Mont Iboundji.
Answer: Mont Bengoué.
39. In what year did Gabon join United Nations?
40. What is the official name of Gabon?
A. Republic of Gabon.
B. Gabonese Republic.
C. Republic of the Gabonese.
Answer: Gabonese Republic.
41. What is the official currency of Gabon?
A. CFA franc.
Answer: CFA franc.
42. What was Gabon called before her independence?
A. Editorial Africa.
B. Central Africa.
43. Which country colonized Gabon before her independence?
44. Which of these is not one of the traditional dances in Gabon?
45. One of these is the traditional dress of Gabon.
46. Which of these water bodies form the Western border of Gabon?
A. Atlantic Ocean.
B. Pacific Ocean.
C. Indian Ocean.
Answer: Atlantic Ocean.
47. Which European country first arrived in Gabon?
48. Which is the oldest university in Gabon?
A. Masuku University of Science and Technology.
B. Université Franco-Gabonaise Saint-Exupery.
C. Omar Bongo University.
Answer: Omar Bongo University.
49. When did the current president of Gabon become the president?
50. Which of these Olympics has Gabon never participated in?
A. Summer Olympics.
B. Winter Olympics.
C. Autumn Olympics.
Answer: Winter Olympics.
51. What is the approximate population of Gabon?
A. 2.4 million.
B. 2.3 million.
C. 2.0 million.
Answer: 2.4 million.
Hope you enjoyed these Gabon Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/
Leave a Reply