Do you think you know everything about Iceland? Think again, because this Interesting Iceland trivia quiz will expose you to many fascinating things about Iceland.
It will help you learn some essential things you should know about Iceland that you probably do not know. We have lined up some mind-blowing and error-free Iceland Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful country, Iceland.
1. ___ is the national bird and animal of Iceland?
B. Arctic Fox.
2. ___ is the official language of Iceland.
3. One of these is not among the borders of Iceland.
A. Atlantic Ocean.
B. Indian Ocean.
C. Denmark strait.
Answer: Indian Ocean.
4. What three colours are found on the national flag of Iceland?
A. Blue, white and red.
B. Blue, white and blue.
C. Green, white and black.
Answer: blue, white and red.
5. Who was the first female president of Iceland?
A. Jean Reid.
B. Vigdis Finnbogadottir.
C. Isabel Perón.
Answer: Vigdis Finnbogadottir.
6. One of the following countries colonized Iceland before her independence.
7. ___ is the deadliest beach in Iceland?
A. Blue beach.
B. Reynisfjara beach.
C. Jökulsárlón Lagoon.
Answer: Reynisfjara beach.
8. What is the national food of Iceland?
A. Icelandic lamb.
B. Icelandic pork.
C. Icelandic beef.
Answer: Icelandic lamb.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. The incumbent president of Iceland is __?
A. Katrín Jakobsdóttir.
B. Sveinn Björnsson.
C. Guðni Thorlacius Jóhannesson.
Answer: Guðni Thorlacius Jóhannesson.
10. What was Iceland originally called?
A. Wet Land.
B. White Land
C. Snow land
Answer: Snow land.
11. In what part of Europe can Iceland be found?
A. Southern Europe.
B. Northern Europe.
C. It is not in Europe.
Answer: Northern Europe.
12. ___ is the national anthem of Iceland?
13. ___ is the longest river in Iceland.
A. Þjórsá River.
B. Skjálfandafljót River.
C. Jökulsá á Fjöllum River.
Answer: Þjórsá River.
14. What is the currency of Iceland called?
15. The tallest building in Iceland is ___?
A. Höfðatorg Tower.
B. Smáratorg Office Tower.
Answer: Smáratorg Office Tower.
16. What is the national flower of Iceland?
A. Mountain Avens.
Answer: mountain avens.
17. ___ is the largest island in Iceland.
A. Æðey Island.
B. Heimaey Island.
C. Hjörsey Island.
Answer: Heimaey Island.
18. What is the official name of Iceland?
A. People’s Republic of Iceland.
B. Federal Republic of Iceland.
C. Republic of Iceland.
Answer: Republic of Iceland.
19. What is the capital of Iceland?
20. How many animals are found on the Iceland coat of arms?
21. One of the following is the largest lake in Iceland.
A. Blöndulón Lake.
B. Hvítárvatn Lake.
C. Þórisvatn Lake.
Answer: Þórisvatn Lake.
22. Which of the following should you pay a registration fee to own in Iceland?
B. Security man.
23. Which is the main crop produced in Iceland?
24. ___ is the official national game of Iceland?
A. Body wrestling.
C. Mud wrestling.
Answer: body wrestling.
25. One of these is the largest dam in Iceland.
A. Kárahnjúkar Dam.
B. Blönduvirkjun Dam.
C. Landsvirkjun Dam.
Answer: Kárahnjúkar Dam.
26. Are there any manmade castles in Iceland?
27. ___ is Iceland’s number one export.
A. Processed Fish.
B. Non-fillet Frozen Fish.
C. Raw Aluminium.
Answer: Raw aluminium.
28. The national colours of Iceland are ___ and ___.
A. Blue and white.
B. Blue and red.
C. Red and white.
Answer: blue and white.
29. Which of these options is the largest airport in Iceland?
A. Egilsstaðir Airport.
B. Ísafjörður Airport.
C. Keflavíkurflugvöllur Airport.
Answer: Keflavíkurflugvöllur Airport.
30. The oldest city in Iceland is ___?
31. Iceland’s number one import is ___?
A. Rolled Tobacco.
B. Refined Petroleum.
C. Fish Oil.
Answer: refined petroleum.
32. Which of the following are the animals found on the Iceland coat of arms?
A. Vulture, bull, giant and dragon.
B. Bull, koala, giant, and dragon.
C. Eagle, dragon giant and cow.
Answer: vulture, bull, giant and dragon.
33. One of these options is the largest container port in Iceland.
A. Port of Reykjavík.
B. Thorlakshofn Port.
C. Grundartangi Port.
Answer: Port of Reykjavík.
34. Which is the smallest city in Iceland?
35. ___ is the highest peak of Iceland?
36. Which of the following is the most populated city in Iceland?
37. Which of these is the largest city in Iceland?
38. When did Iceland gain independence?
39. In what year did Iceland join United Nations?
40. The most practised religion in Iceland is ___?
41. Which is the largest library in Iceland?
A. Akureyri Municipal Library.
B. Háskólabókasafn Library.
C. Reykjavik City Library.
Answer: Háskólabókasafn Library.
42. When is the National Day of Iceland?
A. 7th June.
B. 27th June.
C. 17th June.
Answer: 17th June.
43. Is Iceland in the European Union?
44. Which is the traditional dance performed in Iceland?
45. What is the largest museum in Iceland called?
A. Hið Íslenzka Reðasafn Museum.
B. Listasafn Reykjavíkur Hafnarhús Museum.
C. National Museum of Iceland.
Answer: Hið Íslenzka Reðasafn Museum.
46. Iceland is divided into___ regions?
47. Who was the first president of Iceland?
A. Vigdis Finnbogadottir.
B. Sveinn Björnsson.
C. Jean Reid.
Answer: Sveinn Björnsson.
48. What is the traditional dress of Iceland called?
49. How many counties are in Iceland?
C . 23.
50. Which of the following is the nearest land border to Iceland?
51. When did Iceland and Europe sign the European Economic Area agreement?
Hope you enjoyed these Iceland Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/