Are you ready to test how well you know Kentucky? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Kentucky? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Kentucky.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Kentucky Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Kentucky, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
You can check out our 30 Interesting U.S Trivia Quizzes Video on YouTube
1. What is the capital of Kentucky?
Answer – Frankfort
2. What is the nickname of Kentucky?
Answer – The bluegrass state
3. What is the state flower of Kentucky?
4. The Kentucky flag was designed by who in 1918?
Answer – Jesse Cox Burgess
5. What is the official motto of Kentucky?
Answer – United we stand, divided we fall
6. What is the official song of Kentucky?
Answer – My old Kentucky home
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
7. What is the official tree of the state of Kentucky?
Answer – Tulip tree
8. What is the longest cave in Kentucky?
Answer – Mammoth cave
9. Who is the first miss America of Kentucky?
Answer – Heather Renee French
10. How many counties can be found in Kentucky state?
Answer – 120
11. What is the population of Kentucky?
Answer – approximately 4.5 million people
12. What is the biggest city in Kentucky?
Answer – Louisville
13. People from Kentucky can be called what?
Answer – Kentuckians
14. What is the official Kentucky motto for tourism?
Answer – Unbridled spirit
15. How many state parks does Kentucky state have?
Answer – 45
16. What is the largest park in Kentucky state?
Answer – Lake Barkley resort park
17. How many historical landmarks does Kentucky state have?
Answer – 32
18. What is the highest point in Kentucky state?
Answer – black mountain at 4139 ft
19. What is the lowest point in Kentucky state?
Answer – Mississippi river at 257 ft
20. Kentucky is the primary producer of what?
Answer – Tobacco
21. What is the largest car factory in Kentucky state?
Answer – Toyota motor manufacturing
22. What is Barren county in Kentucky known for?
Answer – Agriculture
23. Where was the oldest horse race in Kentucky held?
Answer – Louisville
24. Who was the first female Sherrif in Kentucky?
Answer – Florence Thompson
25. Who were the first Europeans to visit Kentucky?
Answer – French
26. In what year did Kentucky state join the union?
Answer – 1792
27. In what year was the first oil well founded In Kentucky?
Answer – 1818
28. On August 14, 1986, the last legal public hanging took place where in Kentucky?
Answer – Owensboro
29. In what year was the atomic plant near Paducah built?
Answer – 1950
30. Who was the woman who invented mother’s day in Kentucky?
Answer – Mary Towles Sasseen
31. In what year was mother’s day originated in Kentucky?
32. What is the Kentucky state bird?
Answer – Kentucky cardinal
33. In what year was the fast food giant KFC founded in Kentucky?
Answer – 1952
34. Who is Louisville named after in Kentucky?
Answer – King Louis XVI
35. Where did Thomas Edison introduce to the public the electric bulb in 1883
Answer – Louisville
36. Where was Abraham Lincoln the 16th president of America born?
Answer – Kentucky
37. What is the city’s name to be built inside a Crater by a meteor?
Answer – Middlesboro
38. What is the name of the oldest university in Kentucky?
Answer – Transylvania university
39. How many major natural lakes can be found in Kentucky?
Answer – 3
40. Where is the world peace bell one of the world’s giant free-swinging bells located in
Answer – Newport, Kentucky
41. Who is the current governor of Kentucky state in 2022?
Answer – Ander Beshear (D)
42. Who is the current lieutenant governor of Kentucky state?
Answer – Jacqueline Coleman (D)
43. What is the state rock of Kentucky?
Answer – Kentucky agate
44. What is the state’s natural resource?
Answer – Coal
45. What is the state horse?
Answer – Thoroughbred
46. What is the state’s fruit?
Answer – blackberry
47. The first female to be elected mayor in Kentucky is?
Answer – Lucy Lou
48. The first woman pilot in Kentucky is?
Answer – Lieutenant Kelsey Flannery
49. When was the first white settlement in Kentucky?
Answer – 1774
50. Where did the drillers discover oil on March 11, 1829?
51. What was the first permanent settlement in the region of Kentucky?
Answer – Fort Harrods Town
Hope you enjoyed these Kentucky Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply