Are you ready to test how well you know Mauritius? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Mauritius? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Mauritius.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Mauritius Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Mauritius, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What does Mauritius mean in English?
a. One from Mauritania.
b. Island of Mauritania.
c. Mauritania Republic.
Answer: One from Mauritania.
2. When did Mauritius gain her independence?
3. In what year did Mauritius abolish the slave trade?
4. What is the capital of Mauritius?
a. Quatre Bornes.
b. Port Louis.
Answer: Port Louis.
5. How many districts are in Mauritius?
6. What is the currency of Mauritius?
7. The official language of Mauritius is ___.
8. Who was the first president of Mauritius?
a. Robert Farquhar.
b. Veerasamy Ringadoo.
c. Abdool Raman Mahomed Osman.
Answer: Veerasamy Ringadoo.
9. _____ is the main religion of Mauritius.
10. Which is the largest district in Mauritius?
a. Port Louis.
11. When did Mauritius join the United Nations?
12. When was Mauritius removed from the European Union’s list of high-risk third countries?
a. January 17, 2022.
b. January 27, 2022.
c. January 7, 2022.
Answer: January 7, 2022.
13. How many close borders does Mauritius have?
14. What is the approximate length of Mauritiu’s coastline?
15. Which country did Mauritius gain her last independence from?
b. United Kingdom.
Answer: United Kingdom.
16. What is the climate of Mauritius?
17. The national anthem of Mauritius is known as ___.
b. We Hail thee our motherland.
c. Our Motherland.
18. Which of the following is not one of the natural disasters encountered in Mauritius?
19. Are there any active volcanoes in Mauritius?
20. Which is the largest city in Mauritius?
b. Beau Bassin-Rose Hill.
c. Port Louis.
Answer: Port Louis.
21. What is the largest river in Mauritius?
a. Riviere Vacoas.
b. Grand River South East.
c. Riviere du Rempart.
Answer: Grand River South East.
22. One of the following is the most produced food commodity in Mauritius.
a. Sugar cane.
b. Sugar beet.
Answer: sugar cane.
23. What is the major import of Mauritius?
a. Packaged medicaments.
b. Non-fillet frozen fish.
c. Refined petroleum.
Answer: Refined petroleum.
24. Mauritius fought the 2nd World War with the ___.
c. They didn’t fight.
25. When is the independence day of Mauritius celebrated?
a. March 14.
b. March 12.
c. March 22.
Answer: March 12.
26. The largest forest in Mauritius is ____.
a. Black River Gorges National Park.
b. Ebony Forest Reserve.
c. Monvert Nature Walk.
Answer: Black River Gorges Nature Park.
27. Mauritius fought during World War 1.
28. Which of these countries is the main import partner of Mauritius?
b. United Arab Emirates.
29. What was Mauritius formerly called?
a. Ile de France.
b. Ile de Britain.
c. Ile de Germany.
Answer: Ile de France.
30. ___ is the highest peak of Mauritius.
a. Mont Cocotte.
b. Mount Rempart.
c. Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire.
Answer: Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire.
31. Which of these countries never colonized Mauritius?
32. Which two animals are found on the national coat of arms of Mauritius?
a. Reindeer and Lion.
b. Dodo and Sambar.
c. Moose and Duck.
Answer: Dodo and Sambar.
33. The most eaten dish in Mauritius is ____.
a. Chili bites.
b. Mauritian Biryani.
c. Bol Renverse.
Answer: Bol Renverse.
34. What is the traditional dress of Mauritius known as?
35. Which is the largest lake in Mauritius?
a. Mare aux Vacoas.
b. Ganga Talao.
c. Grand Bassin.
Answer: Mare aux Vacoas.
36. What is the traditional dance of Mauritius called?
37. How many airports are in Mauritius?
38. Which is the largest port of Mauritius?
a. Port Louis Harbour.
b. Seed Harbour.
c. Cargo Pier.
Answer: Potr Louis Harbour.
39. What is the largest museum in Mauritius called?
a. Natural History Museum.
b. Blue Penny Museum.
c. Mauritius Postal Museum.
Answer: Blue Penny museum.
40. Who was the first female president of Mauritius?
a. Bellepeau Barlen Vyapoory.
b. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim.
c. Bellepeau Barlen Gurib-Fakim.
Answer: Ameenah Gurib-Fakim.
41. What is the official name of Mauritius?
a. the Republic of Mauritius.
b. Kingdom of Mauritius.
c. Mauritius Island.
Answer: Republic of Mauritius.
42. The largest library in Mauritius is ____.
a. Library of the University of Mauritius.
b. National Library of Mauritius.
c. Le Plaza Library.
Answer: National Library of Mauritius.
43. What is the time zone of Mauritius?
a. GMT +4.
b. GMT -4.
c. GMT +8.
Answer: GMT +4.
44. How many colors are on the national flag of Mauritius?
45. Which one of these colors is not on the national flag of Mauritius?
46. How are the colors horizontally arranged in the national flag of Mauritius?
a. Red, blue, yellow, and green.
b. Blue, red, yellow, and green.
c. Red, green, yellow, and blue.
Answer: red, blue, yellow, and green.
47. What is the main export of Mauritius?
a. Petroleum oil.
c. Vegetable oil.
48. What is the dialing code of Mauritius?
49. Which of the following is the oldest university in Mauritius?
a. the University of Mauritius.
b. Sir Seewoosaur Ramgoolam University.
c. the University of Technology Mauritius.
Answer: the University of Mauritius.
50. One of these is the national game of Mauritius.
51. Which of these countries is the major export partner of Mauritius?
a. South Africa.
c. European Union.
Answer: European union.
I hope you enjoyed these Mauritius Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out Interesting Africa Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/