Are you ready to test how well you know Taiwan? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Taiwan? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Taiwan.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Taiwan Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Taiwan, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Taiwan was called ___ by the Portuguese.
b. Nationalist China.
c. Free China.
2. Which of the following countries never colonized Taiwan?
3. Who is considered the founding father of Taiwan?
a. Dr. Sun-Yat-sen.
b. Zhang Xun.
c. Tang Shaoyi.
Answer: Dr. Sun-Yat-sen.
4. What is the main religion of Taiwan?
5. How many countries does Taiwan share borders with?
6. ___ is the most naturally occurring disaster in Taiwan.
7. What is the major export of Taiwan?
a. Video products.
c. Base metals.
8. When did Taiwan gain its independence?
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Taiwan is located in the ___.
a. North China Sea.
b. Pacific Ocean.
c. South China Sea.
Answer: Pacific Ocean.
10. How many countries does Taiwan share its maritime borders with?
11. Which of these gifts should never be given to someone in Taiwan?
12. Ghost month is celebrated in the ___ month of the lunar calendar in Taiwan.
13. What is the currency of Taiwan called?
a. New Taiwan dirham.
b. New Taiwan dollar.
c. New Taiwan renminbi.
Answer: New Taiwan dollar.
14. One of these is the official national sport of Taiwan.
a. Ping pong.
15. Which of these countries shares no border with Taiwan?
16. The major import of Taiwan is ___.
a. Parts of electronic products.
b. Mineral products.
c. Base metals.
Answer: Parts of electronic products.
17. When did Taiwan separate from China?
18. How many states are in Taiwan?
19. The Ghost month is celebrated through ___.
a. June to July.
b. July to August.
c. August to September.
Answer: July to August.
20. What is the official name of Taiwan?
a. Republic of Taiwan.
b. Republic of China.
c. Federal Republic of China.
Answer: Republic of China
21. Which of the following is the largest city in Taiwan?
22. The drivers in Taiwan drive on which side of the road?
c. I don’t know.
23. What is the dialing code of Taiwan?
24. Which celestial body is on the national emblem of Taiwan?
25. One of these is the capital of Taiwan.
26. What is the national anthem of Taiwan?
a. Three principles of the people.
b. The rising sun.
c. Our homeland.
Answer: Three principles of the people.
27. When did Taiwan legalize gay marriage?
28. What does white symbolize in Taiwan?
29. Which country is its major import partner Taiwan?
30. With a height of 3,952m, which of the following is the highest mountain in Taiwan?
a. Mount Shukoran.
31. Apart from Taiwan itself, the largest island in Taiwan is ___.
a. Green Island.
b. Nangan Township.
c. Orchid Island.
Answer: Orchid Island.
32. Which is the tallest building in Taiwan?
a. The Sky Taipei.
b. 85 Sky-tower CTtraveller Suit.
c. Shr-Hwa International Tower.
Answer: 85 Sky-tower CTtraveller Suit.
33. What is the approximate length of Taiwan’s coastline?
a. 1,570 km.
b. 1,670 km.
c. 1,560 km.
Answer: 1,560 km.
34. The major export partner of Taiwan is ___.
35. How many colors are on the national flag of Taiwan?
36. Which of these is the largest river in Taiwan?
37. ___ is the most produced crop in Taiwan.
a. Sugar cane.
38. Which is the oldest city in Taiwan?
39. What is the largest lake in Taiwan called?
a. Shih-men Reservoir.
b. Fei-ts’ui Reservoir.
c. Sun Moon Lake.
Answer: Fei-tu’ui Lake.
40. The colors of the national flag of Taiwan are __.
a. Red, white and green.
b. Red, yellow and blue.
c. Red, white and blue.
Answer: Red, white and blue.
41. ____ is the largest airport in Taiwan?
a. Taichung international Airport.
b. Taoyuan International Airport.
c. Kaohsiung International Airport.
Answer: Taoyuan International Airport.
42. Taiwan is located in ___ Asia.
43. Which of these water bodies does not border with Taiwan?
a. North China Sea.
b. South China Sea.
c. East China Sea.
Answer: North China Sea.
44. How many time zones are used in Taiwan?
45. Which of the following is the official language of Taiwan?
46. The largest museum in Taiwan is __.
a. Taipei Fine Arts Museum.
b. National Taiwan Museum.
c. National Palace Museum.
Answer: National Palace Museum.
47. Who was the first prime minister of Taiwan?
a. Tsai Ing-wen.
b. Hua Guofeng.
c. Zhou Enlai.
Answer: Tsai Ing-wen.
48. For how long has Taiwan been inhabited?
a. Over 30,000 years.
b. Below 30,000 years.
c. Above 40,000 years.
Answer: Over 30,000 years.
49. What is the GMT difference in Taiwan?
50. What is the traditional color used in weddings in Taiwan?
51. Which of these is considered an unlucky number in Taiwan?
I hope you enjoyed these Taiwan Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Asia Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/
Leave a Reply