Are you ready to test how well you know Qatar? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Qatar? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Qatar.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Qatar Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful Country of Qatar, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the official name of Qatar?
a. the Republic of Qatar.
b. the State of Qatar.
c. Federal of Qatar.
Answer: State of Qatar.
2. Who is the major import of Qatar?
a. the United Arab Emirates.
3. What is the dominant religion in Qatar?
4. What was the Central Bank of Qatar formerly called?
a. Qatar Monetary Agency.
b. Qatar Money Exchange Avenue.
c. Qatar Money Keeping Agency.
Answer: Qatar Monetary Agency.
5. What is the approximate length of the coastline of Qatar?
a. 560 km.
b. 500 km.
c. 600 km.
Answer: 560 km.
6. What was the former name of Qatar?
7. Who was the first emir of Qatar?
a. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Thani.
b. Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
c. Hamad Bin Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Answer: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Thani.
8. When did Qatar become independent?
9. Qatar was colonized by which country?
b. Great Britain.
c. United Arab Emirates.
Answer: Great Britain.
10. What is the major export of Qatar?
c. Petroleum gas.
Answer: Petroleum gas.
11. Which of these correctly describes the national flag of Qatar?
a. Equal horizontal bands of maroon and white.
b. Smaller horizontal band of maroon and a larger horizontal band of white.
c. Smaller horizontal band of white and a larger horizontal band of maroon.
Answer: a smaller horizontal band of white and a larger band horizontal of maroon.
12. Qatar is located in which part of Asia?
13. What is the capital of Qatar?
b. Al Khor.
14. The official language of Qatar is ___.
15. When did Qatar join the United Nations?
16. When is the national day of Qatar?
a. December 8.
b. December 18.
c. December 28.
Answer: December 18.
17. Which of these water bodies is not among the borders of Qatar.
a. Gulf of Guinea.
b. Gulf of Bahrain.
c. Gulf of Persian.
Answer: Gulf Guinea.
18. When was the National bank of Qatar established?
19. What is the currency of Qatar?
20. The largest city of Qatar is ___.
c. Al Rayyan Municipality.
Answer: Al Rayyan Municipality.
21. How many municipalities are in Qatar?
22. How many airports are in Qatar?
23. Which of these countries is the only country that shares a land border with Qatar?
b. Saudi Arabia.
c. United Arab Emirates.
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
24. What is the major import of Qatar?
b. Gas turbines.
Answer: gas turbines.
25. ___ is the highest building in Qatar.
a. Dubai Towers Doha.
b. Aspire Tower.
c. Palm Tower 2.
Answer: Dubai Towers Doha.
26. Which of these deserts are in Qatar?
a. Rub’al-Khali desert.
b. Ru’al-Kahli desert.
c. Rubal-Hakil Desert.
Answer: Rub’al-Khali desert.
27. What is the military airport in Qatar called?
a. Hamad Air Base.
b. Al Udeid Air Base.
c. Emiri Terminal Air Base.
Answer: Al Udeid Air Base.
28. The highest mountain in Qatar is known as ____.
a. Qurayn Abu al Bawl.
b. Ḩazm al Masḩabīyah.
c. Abraq Farhūd.
Answer: Qurayn Abu al Bawl.
29. Which of these countries does not share a border with Qatar?
30. How many international airports are in Qatar?
31. All of these except ___ is not allowed in Qatar.
a. Hugging in public.
b. Pork products.
c. Holding hands.
Answer: holding hands.
32. What is the national game of Qatar?
33. Which of these islands are not in Qatar?
a. Banana Island.
b. Purple Island.
c. Victoria Island.
Answer: Victoria Island.
34. How many countries share boundaries with Qatar?
35. Who is the major export partner of Qatar?
36. The international airport in Qatar is called ___.
a. Hamad International Airport.
b. Emiri Terminal International Airport.
c. Doha International Airport.
Answer: Hamad International Airport.
37. How many lakes are in Qatar?
38. Which of these is a traditional dance in Qatar?
39. Which of these is used when calling a waiter in Qatar.
a. The index finger.
b. The palm.
c. A bell.
Answer: the palm.
40. What is the main electricity source of Qatar?
a. Fossil fuels.
Answer: fossil fuels.
41. What is the main consumed food in Qatar?
42. Which of these is a lake in Qatar?
a. Alqueza Lake.
b. Aspire Lake.
c. Hamamid Lake.
Answer: Aspire Lake.
43. The traditional dress of Qatar is called ___.
44. What is the largest museum in Qatar?
a. Museum of Islamic Art.
b. National Museum of Qatar.
c. Arab Museum of Modern Art.
Answer: National Museum of Qatar.
45. The national anthem of Qatar is called ___.
a. Al-Salm Al-Ami.
b. Al-Amin Al-Salam.
c. Al-Salam Al-Ami.
Answer: Al-Salam Al-Ami.
46. What is written on the coat of arms of Qatar?
a. Peace, love, and greatness.
b. State of Qatar.
c. Unity, peace and love.
Answer: State of Qatar.
47. What is the most popular festival in Qatar?
a. The Holy month of Ramadan.
b. The Holy month of Mohammed.
c. The Holy month of Muhamad.
Answer: The Holy month of Ramadan.
48. All of these except one is why Qatar does not host the Olympics.
a. Extreme heat.
b. Policy on homosexuals.
c. Choice made by the government.
Answer: a choice made by the government.
49. What does Al-Salaam alaikum literally mean in English?
b. Peace be with you.
Answer: peace be with you.
50. Qatar is ruled by a/an ____.
51. What is the dialing code of Qatar?
I hope you enjoyed these Qatar Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Asia Trivia Questions and Answers Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/