Are you ready to test how well you know Romania? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Romania? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Romania.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Romania Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful country of Romania, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the largest river in Romania?
a. Vistula River.
b. Tisza River.
c. Danube River.
Answer: Danube River.
2. The official language of Romania is ___.
3. Which of these is the capital of Romania?
4. Which of the following correctly describes the national flag of Romania?
a. Horizontal bands of black, yellow, and red.
b. Horizontal bands of blue, yellow, and red.
c. Vertical bands of blue, yellow, and red.
Answer: vertical bands of blue, yellow, and red.
5. Where in Europe is Romania located?
6. In what year did Romania join the European Union?
7. What is the official name of Romania?
a. the State of Romania.
b. Romanian Empire.
8. What is the largest religious denomination of Romania?
c. Orthodox Christians.
Answer: Orthodox Christians.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. The highest mountain in Romania is known as ___.
a. Negolu Peak.
b. Moldoveanu Peak.
c. Lespezi Peak.
Answer: Moldoveanu Peak.
10. What is the currency of Romania?
11. Who was the last king of Romania?
a. Carol I.
b. Michael I.
c. Philip I.
Answer: Michael I.
12. In what year did Romania join the United Nations?
13. Which of the following is the oldest castle in Romania?
a. Sturdza Castle.
b. Bran Castle.
c. Banffy Castle.
Answer: Bran Castle.
14. What is the approximate length of Romania’s coastline?
a. 300 km.
b. 240 km.
c. 260 km.
Answer: 240 km.
15. What is the largest lake in Romania?
a. Lake Techirghiol.
b. Lake Izvorul Muntelui.
c. Lake Razelm.
Answer: Lake Razelm.
16. Who was the first female prime minister of Romania?
a. Viorica Dăncilă.
b. Victoria Dancila.
c. Vincent Dancila.
Answer: Viorica Dăncilă.
17. When did Romania gain its independence?
18. Which of these is not a region of Romania?
a. Sud-Vest Oltenia.
c. Nud-Vest Oltenia.
Answer: Nud-Vest Oltenia.
19. Which Sea borders Romania?
a. Caribbean Sea.
b. Black Sea.
c. Azov Sea.
Answer: Black Sea.
20. One of these is the highest building in Romania.
a. National Cathedral.
b. Ana Tower.
c. Floreasca City Center Sky Tower.
Answer: Floreasca City Sky Tower.
21. Romania was formerly known as ____.
c. State of Rome.
22. All of these except one is among the boundaries of Romania.
23. Which language did Romanian originate from?
24. The largest airport in Romania is known as ___.
a. Sibiu International Airport.
b. Timisoara Airport.
c. Henri Coandă International Airport.
Answer: Henri Coandă International Airport.
25. When is the national day of Romania?
a. December 21st.
b. December 1st.
c. December 31st.
Answer: December 1st.
26. When did Romania last have a king?
27. On which side did Romania fight during World War 1?
c. They did not fight.
28. How many country borders does Romania have?
29. Which of these is the major import of Romania?
a. Iron and steel.
b. Pharmaceutical products.
c. Plastics and articles.
Answer: Plastics and articles.
30. What is the dialing code of Romania?
31. What is the time zone of Romania?
a. GMT -3.
b. GMT +4.
c. GMT +13.
Answer: GMT –3.
32. The smallest region in Romania is ___.
a. Bucharest region.
b. Centru region.
c. Dobroudja region.
Answer: Bucharest region.
33. Which of the following is the largest city in Romania?
34. One of these is the traditional dance of Romania.
a. Hora mare.
b. Mare Hora.
c. Mere Hora.
Answer: hora mare.
35. The national anthem of Romania is ____.
a. Deșteaptă-te, române.
b. Deșteă-te, române.
c. Deșteaptă-te, românines.
Answer: Deșteaptă-te, române.
36. What two rivers are based on a Romanian legend of two brothers?
a. Mures and Olt.
b. Romulus and Remus.
c. Siret and Dacian.
Answer: Mures and Olt.
37. Bucharest rests on the banks of which river?
a. Prut River.
b. Buzau River.
c. Dâmboviţa River.
Answer: Dâmboviţa River.
38. Which of these is the oldest city in Romania?
39. The largest museum in Romania is known as ___.
a. Gold Museum Brad.
b. National Museum of Romanian History.
c. Romanian National Museum of Art.
Answer: Romanian National Museum of Art.
40. What is the oldest university in Romania?
a. Universitatea Alexandru Ioan Cuza din Iasi.
b. Universitatea de Arte George Enescu Iasi.
c. Universitatea Nationala de Arte din Bucuresti.
Answer: Universitatea Alexandru Ioan Cuza din Ias.
41. Romania has how many regions?
42. What is the major export of Romania?
a. Rubber tires.
c. Parts and accessories.
Answer: Parts and accessories.
43. Which of these animals is not on the national coat of arms of Romania?
a. Golden Lion.
b. Brown bear.
Answer: Brown bear.
44. Who was the first king of Romania?
a. Carol I.
b. Michael I.
c. Philip I.
Answer: Carol I.
45. Romania switched sides during which one of these wars.
a. World War 1.
b. World War 2.
c. Never changed sides.
Answer: World War 2.
46. Which of these seasons are not experienced in Romania?
47. Which is the most produced food commodity in Romania?
48. One of the following is not one of the most consumed foods in Romania.
c. Cabbage rolls.
49. ___ is the largest region in Romania.
a. Bucharest region.
b. Transylvania region.
c. Timisoara region.
Answer: Transylvania region.
50. How many seasons are experienced in Romania?
51. What is the traditional dress of Romania called?
I hope you enjoyed these Romania Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Europe Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/