Are you ready to test how well you know Wales? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Wales? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Wales.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Wales Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Wales, some you will know others you will be happy to find out. Check out 51 United Kingdom (UK) Trivia Questions and Answers
1. Which of these is the smallest city in Wales and in Britain?
b. St Davids.
c. Saint Asaph.
Answer: St Davids.
2. How many official languages are used in Wales?
3. The place with the longest name in Britain is a ___.
4. Who was the first minister of Wales?
a. Mark Drakeford.
b. David Lloyd George.
c. Boris Johnson.
Answer: Mark Drakeford.
5. What animal is found on the national flag of Wales?
6. What is the capital of Wales?
7. When is the national day of Wales celebrated?
a. 1st March.
b. 23rd March.
c. 21st March.
Answer: 1st March.
8. ____ is the oldest university in Wales.
a. Cardiff University.
b. Uni Campus Lampeter.
c. University of Wales.
Answer: Uni Campus Lampeter.
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Which is not among the official languages of Wales?
10. How many colors are on the national flag of Wales?
11. Which of these castles was Merlin filmed in?
a. Caerphily Castle.
b. Raglan Castle.
c. Castell Coch.
Answer: Raglan Castle.
12. When was the unification of England and Wales?
13. Which of these is the deepest cave in Britain and in Wales?
a. Cathedral Cave.
c. Shire Horse Centre.
14. What is the largest airport in Wales?
a. Anglesey Airport.
b. Cardiff Airport.
c. West Wales Airport.
Answer: Cardiff Airport.
15. What three colors are on the national flag of Wales?
a. White, green and red.
b. White, blue and red.
c. White, black and red.
Answer: White, green, and red.
16. Which beach was used in filming Harry Potter?
a. Freshwater East.
b. Freshwater West.
c. Freshwater South.
Answer: Freshwater West.
17. How many cities are in Wales?
18. Wales has ___ national parks?
19. Which is the largest river in Wales?
a. Darling River.
b. Severn River.
c. Murrumbidgee River.
Answer: Murrumbidgee River.
20. ___ is the highest mountain in Wales.
b. Pen ya Ole Wen.
21. Who was the first official king of Wales?
b. Gruffudd ap Llyweyn.
c. Rhodu ap LLweyn.
Answer: Gruffudd ap LLyweyn.
22. Wales is often referred to as ___.
a. Land of lakes.
b. Land of castles.
c. Land of kings.
Answer: Land of castles.
23. What is the official national sport of Wales?
24. How many universities are in Wales?
25. The oldest castle in Wales is ___.
a. Castell Castle.
b. Chepstow Castle.
c. Caldicot Castle.
Answer: Chepstow Castle.
26. What does the popular Welsh saying ‘cymru am byth’ mean in English?
a. Wales United.
b. Welcome to Wales.
c. Wales forever.
Answer: Wales forever.
27. What type of food is Welsh rarebit?
a. Roasted rabbit meat.
b. Rabbit soup.
c. Cheese and toast.
Answer: Cheese and toast.
28. Which is the largest island in Wales?
a. Puffin Island.
b. Ramsey Island.
c. Anglesey Island.
Answer: Anglesey Island.
29. What is the approximate length of Wales’ coastline?
a. 1,680 miles.
b. 1,700 miles.
c. 1,650 miles.
Answer: 1,680 miles.
30. Who is the patron saint of Wales?
a. St Andrew.
b. St David.
c. St George.
Answer: St David.
31. Is Wales a member nation of the United Nations?
32. What is the most practiced belief in Wales?
c. Celtic religion.
33. What is the major import of Wales?
b. Precious metals.
34. How many castles are found in Wales?
35. Which of these is the largest lake in Wales?
a. Lake Vyrnwy.
36. The major export of Wales is ___.
a. Machinery and equipment.
Answer: Machinery and equipment.
37. One of these is the official name of Wales.
b. United Kingdom.
38. Which currency is used in Wales?
b. Pound sterling.
Answer: Pound sterling.
39. Wales is located in the south___ region of the United Kingdom.
40. Which of the following is among the borders of Wales?
41. Which of these countries imports the most from Wales?
a. United States.
Answer: United States.
42. ___ is the tallest building in Wales.
a. The Tower.
b. Principality Stadium.
c. Greenland Centre.
Answer: Greenland Centre.
43. Which of these is the largest library in Wales?
a. Cardiff Central Library.
b. LlyfrgellGenedlaethol Cymru.
c. Cardiff University Trevithick Library.
Answer: LlyfrgellGenedlaethol Cymru.
44. The largest dam in Wales is ____.
a. Clywedog Dam.
b. Elan Valley Dam.
c. Craig Goch Dam.
Answer: Clywedog Dam.
45. Which of these water bodies borders Wales?
a. North Sea.
b. Atlantic Ocean.
c. Irish Sea.
Answer: Irish Sea.
46. The main source of electricity in Wales is ___.
a. Renewable Energy.
b. Non-renewable Energy.
c. None of the above.
Answer: Renewable Energy.
47. Which is the oldest city in Wales?
48. The largest museum in Wales is ____.
a. Big Pit National Coal Museum.
b. National Museum Wales.
c. St Fagans National History Museum.
Answer: National Museum Wales.
49. What is the national food of Wales?
c. Welsh rarebit.
50. Which country does Wales import most of its goods from?
a. United States.
Answer: United States.
51. ____ is the national anthem of Wales.
a. Hen WladFyNhadau.
b. Hen Wad ByNhada.
c. Hen WladaFyNahadau.
Answer: hen WladFyNhadau.
I hope you enjoyed these Wales Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Europe Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/
Leave a Reply