Are you ready to test how well you know California? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about California? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about California.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult California Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of California, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. In which region of the USA the California state located?
Answer- Pacific region
2. Which state of the USA is most populous?
Answer- The California state
3. Do you know the name of the capital of California?
4. Which is the most populous city in California?
Answer- Los Angeles
5. When did California become a state?
Answer- September 9, 1850
6. Do you know the highest elevation in California?
Answer- Mount Whitney
7. Which place is considered the hottest and driest place in the United States?
8. What are the most common nicknames in California?
Answer- The Golden State
9. What is the time zone format of California?
Answer- UTC-08-00 (PST)
10. Do you know the USPS abbreviation for California?
11. Which fish is most famous in California?
Answer- Golden trout
12. California’s economy is the world’s number one sub-national economy in the world. Do you know the worth?
Answer- $3.0 Trillion
13. What was discovered in 1848 at Sutter’s Mill?
14. Yerba Buena was the original name of which California City?
Answer- San Francisco
15. In 1821 California was part of which country?
16. After which war California became part of the USA?
Answer- After the Mexican-American war
17. The explorer of the west coast (current Mexico) Francisco de Ulloa belonged to which country?
18. Who was the first European in California?
Answer- Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo
19. In which book Pattie wrote his adventures in California?
Answer- The Personal Narrative
20. Where the Monterey Bay located?
Answer- On the Coast of the United State of California
21. What is the unofficial name of Alta California?
Answer- Nueva California
22. What were the primary exports of California?
Answer- Hides and tallow
23. In what century was the romance novel that California got its name from written?
Answer- 16th Century romance novel written by a Spanish author named Garcia Ordonez de Montalvo
24. Which state is in the north of California?
25. Which people were discriminated against in the constitution developed in 1879?
26. Which political party gained strength in California during the Great Depression era?
Answer- The Democratic party
27. The national parks of the state are devoted to what?
Answer- For the preservation of nature and natural resources
28. How many cities are there in the state?
29. How many state parks are there here?
30. What is the average life expectancy for CA residents?
Answer- 80.8 years
31. Can you name the 4 major US TV broadcast networks with production facilities in CA?
Answer- ABX, NBC, CBS, and Fox
32. Can you name the rival LA street gang of “Crips”?
33. What animal is featured on the official flag of California?
Answer- Brown Bear
34. What kind of animal is raised more in CA than in any other state in the U.S?
35. How much of the fresh fruit produced in the US comes from California?
36. If California were a country, where would its economy rank in the world?
Answer- The 9th largest
37. California has more forestland than any other state except what state?
38. What is the south-central desert is named?
Answer- The Mojave
39. In what year did Disneyland open in California?
40. The state flower of California is what?
Answer- The poppy
41. The largest national park outside of Alaska is in California. What is it called?
Answer- Death Valley National Park
42. What does the California State Water project do?
Answer- Diverts water from northern to southern California
43. What roams around Disneyland at night to keep rodents away?
Answer- 200 feral cats
44. In California, the two most prominent rivers are the Sacramento River and what other river?
Answer- The San Joaquin River.
45. The Golden State was the first to ban what in workplaces, bars, and restaurants in 1998.
46. In the early 1800s imperial Russia established a trading post at what location?
Answer- fort ross
47. How many counties are there in California?
48. What is California’s state motto?
49. What is the most popular food in California?
Answer- Dungeness crab, shrimp, and swordfish
50. What was the strongest factor in developing California?
Answer- The 21 missions by Serra and his successors.
51. When was the worst wildfire in California
Answer- AUGUST COMPLEX (2020)
Hope you enjoyed these California Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/