Fun Australia Trivia Questions and Answers
Looking for a fun way to learn some interesting things about Australia? We got your back. We have lined up some mind-blowing and error-free Australia trivia questions that will expose you to lots of knowledge about Australia.
These trivia questions will certainly come in handy when you are bored or want to surprise your family and friends with your knowledge about this great country. You can also play this with your friends, family, or co-workers. Try the questions and click on “Show Answer” to see the correct answers to the questions you’ve answered.
1. What is the number of senators in the Australian Parliament?
2. What was the name of the overweight man who appeared in ‘Life? Be in it’ campaign launched in 1975?
3. Which deadly pandemic killed more than 12,000 Australians in 1919?
B. Spanish flu
C. Black death
4. In what year were the colonies brought together as a federation of states?
5. The first album to sell more than 1 million copies in Australia was?
A. ABBA Gold
C. Whispering Jack
6. Who is “Matilda” in the Banjo Patterson song Waltzing Matilda?
7. Among all these, which of them is the national flower of Australia?
B. Cherry blossoms
C. Golden wattle
8. Paul Keating was elected as prime minister in which year?
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Vegemite appeared on Australian Supermarket shelves in which year?
10. What is the official name of Australia?
A. The Australia
B. Commonwealth of Australia
11. Among all of these, which of them is the National currency of Australia?
A. Australia dollar
B. Australia pounds
C. Australia euro
12. Australia originated from which word?
A. Latin word
B. French word
C. Spanish word
13. Which of the following is the official language of Australia?
14. What Is the name of Australia’s national animal?
15. Among the following, which of them is the national game of Australia?
16. What Is the number of stars in the Australian Flag?
17. Among these Australian cities, which of them is the capital of Australia?
C. New South Wales
18. Which of these Australian cities is the largest city in Australia?
B. New South Wales
19. What type of government does Australia practice?
B. Federal parliamentary
20. What is the number of islands in Australia?
A. 1717 Islands
B. 7625 Islands
C. 8222 islands
21. What is the National fruit of Australia?
22. The national bird of Australia is?
23. Australia got their independence from which country?
C. United Kingdom
24. When is Australia independence day?
A. 26th July
B. 26th April
C. 26th January
25. In which year was the first constitution of Australia formed?
26. Australian scientists invented all these except?
A. Penicillin-based antibiotics
B. The Bionic Ear
C. Hot air balloon
27. According to its area, what is the position of Australia?
28. What is the name of the largest forest in Australia?
A. Sydney forest
B. Daintree Rainforest
C. Canberra forest
29. The largest state in Australia is?
A. Southern Australia
B. Eastern Australia
C. Western Australia
30. What is the National anthem of Australia called?
A. Australians all let us rejoice
B. Australians come on
C. Australians joyful we are
31. The Calling Code of Australia is?
32. Australians drive on which side?
33. What is the name of the first university in Australia?
A. University of Australia
B. University of Sydney
C. University of Canberra
34. The oldest city in Australia is known as?
A. New South Wales
35. Who was the first King of Australia?
A. George II
B. James I
C. George III
36. The richest city in Australia is known as?
37. What is the name of the first capital of Australia?
A. Gold Coast
38. What Is the name of the first prime minister of Australia?
A. Charles Barton
B. Ben Barton
C. Edmund Barton
39. How long is a prime minister’s term in Australia?
A. 6 years
B. 3 years
C. No maximum time
40. What Is the name of the largest dam in Australia?
A. Gold Coast Dam
B. Warragamba Dam
C. Sydney Dam
41. When did Melbourne become the capital city of Australia?
42. Which of the following did Australian scientists invent?
A. X-ray machine
C. Bike engine
43. Which animal is on The Coat of Arms?
44. The first inhabitants of Australia were called?
A. Aboriginal people
45. The National fish of Australia is?
B. Murray cod
C. South jellyfish
46. How many letters are in Australia’s language?
47. What is the National color of Australia?
48. Which of the following is the most common male name in Australia?
49. What is the National instrument of Australia?
A. Bass guitar
B. Australian piano
50. The average height of an Australian male is?
A. 167.89 cm
C. 189.10 cm
51. The average height of an Australian female is?
52. What is the National stone of Australia?
53. The most popular tree in Australia is?
A. Baobab tree
B. Gum tree
54. What is the average lifespan of an Australian in 2017?
A. 82.50 years
B. 78.97 years
C. 84.10 years
55. The largest tree in Australia is known as?
B. Gum tree
C. Aountain tree
56. The most populated city in Australia is?
C. Gold Coast
57. The longest river in Australia is known as?
A. Victoria River
B. The Blue River
C. River Murray
58. What is the smallest river in Australia?
A. Gold Coast river
B. River Melbourne
C. Victoria River
59. How many percent of Australia is forest?
A. 34 percent
B. 17 percent
C. 11 percent
60. Which year did Australia enter the UN?
61. What is the main export of Australia?
C. Iron ore
Hope you enjoyed these Australia trivia questions and answers. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here