Fun Boxing Day Trivia Questions And Answers
Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated after Christmas Day which is the 26th of December to be precise. In the past, the purpose of boxing day was a day meant to give gifts and presents to the less privileged but it’s now more like a shopping holiday. On this day in the UK and the United States, people give gifts to their loved ones and also shops sell their products at great discounts.
These error-free Boxing Day trivia questions and answers are specially designed to help you discover some interesting facts through questions and answers about the Boxing Day celebration. Click on the “Show Answer” to see answers to the questions.
1. What is another name for boxing day?
A. Saint Jude’s day
B. Offering day
C. Love day
2. What is the name of the Saint that is also celebrated on boxing day?
A. Saint Peter
B. Saint Patrick
C. Saint Stephen
3. What is the typical time that shop owners in the UK and US open for boxing day sales?
4. How many percent of Britons plan to purchase things during the boxing day sales?
5. What is the average amount of money that a Briton spends during boxing day?
6. Which part of Britain is boxing day sales more popular?
7. What does boxing day signify?
C. Hunting day
8. In order to cut ties with the British, what is boxing day called in South Africa?
A. Day of love
B. Day of compassion
C. Day of Goodwill
9. In some European countries, boxing day is also known as?
A. Goodwill day
B. Second Christmas
C. Post Christmas
10. In which year did an earthquake that caused a tsunami break out on boxing day?
11. Boxing Day is the heaviest shopping day in which of these countries?
12. Is there any official reason why December 26th is known as “boxing day”?
13. In the United States, boxing day is also the day for the celebration of which national holiday?
A. National Candy Cane Day
B. National Taxi Day
C. National Monkey Day
14. What is the name of the United States president that died on boxing day?
A. Gerald Ford
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. George Washington
15. In what year did the American president die on a boxing day?
16. Which of these is the most carried out activity on boxing day?
C. Sports events
17. During boxing day, shoppers always experience _in price?
A. High Decrease
C. Slight decrease
18. Boxing Day is one of the main days in the hunting calendar for hunts in which of these countries?
C. United States
19. When did boxing day become a big deal in the United Kingdom?
A. Victorian age
B. Kings James era
C. Queen Elizabeth’s era
20. Who was the person that was ruling Britain when this day became a public holiday?
A. King James
B. Queen Victoria
C. Queen Elizabeth
21. For sports lovers, which of these soccer leagues play during boxing day?
A. Premier league
C. ESPN league
22. Which part of Canada prohibits retailers from opening on boxing day?
23. For countries that ban retailers from selling on boxing day, which day are boxing day sales shifted to?
A. 27th December
B. 1st January
C. 28th December
24. Which year did Serie A start playing soccer during boxing day?
A. 2005/2006 season
B. 2018/2019 season
C. 2020/2021 season
25. When was fox hunting; a popular sport during boxing day banned in England?
26. The stadium where the first Serie A boxing day match was played was full to what capacity?
A. 79% full
B. 89% full
C. 69% full
27. What type of racing is done in Australia, from Sydney to Hobart on boxing day?
A. Speed boat racing
B. Yacht racing
C. Canoe racing
28. In Barbados, the final day of horse racing is held on Boxing Day at where?
A. Garrison savanna
B. Barbados national Park
C. Barbados national stadium
29. The place where the final race in Barbados is held has what recognition?
A. National Park
B. National reserves
C. UNESCO Site
30. Boxing Day is one of the main days in the hunting calendar for hunts in which of these countries?
31. The IIHF World Junior Championship typically begins on?
A. 26th December
B. A day after boxing day
C. Two days after boxing day
32. Is boxing day celebrated the same way in the US as it is in the UK?
33. Americans mostly observe boxing day by staying at which place?
A. At home
B. At a restaurant
C. At charity homes
34. How many percent of Americans celebrate boxing day?
A. 66 percent
B. 77 percent
C. 88 percent
35. Apart from Happy Boxing Day, which other words did Americans use to greet each other on that day?
A. Happy Second Christmas day
B. Happy Containers-of-All-Kinds Day
C. Happy New boxing day
36. Are banks and government offices open during boxing day in America?
B. Open for a short time of the day
37. When was fox hunting; a popular sport on boxing day, banned in Scotland?
38. What is the most popular food that Americans eat on boxing day?
39. Americans have a secret box which they open on boxing day. What is inside this box?
B. Their plan-B
40. In the past, servants were given a day off during boxing day to do what?
A. Give Christmas box to their families
B. Give Christmas box to their employees
C. Give Christmas box to the dead
41. Which of the following played an important role in creating boxing day?
42. Fox hunting; a popular sport during boxing day, was banned in Wales I which year?
43. Boxing Day is a holiday for which industry in the United Kingdom?
A. Agricultural sector
B. Industrial sector
C. Banking sector
44. If 26 December falls on a Sunday, then the holiday is the following?
45. If 26 December falls on a Saturday, then the holiday is the following?
46. Which of the following countries is the boxing day most popular?
A. United States
B. United Kingdom
47. Apart from the United Kingdom and the United States, which other countries widely celebrate this day?
A. British colonies
B. Asian countries
C. All the African countries
48. In the church on boxing day, which set of people are given donated alms?
A. Pregnant women
B. The poor
C. The sick
49. What is the name of the Saint that boxing day is related to in the church?
50. The last football match to take place on Christmas day in the United Kingdom occurred when?
51. Which of the following animal hunting was a traditional activity on Boxing Day?
A. Pelican hunting
B. Fox hunting
C. Wolf hunting
52. After religious and sporting activities, boxing day is also a day to?
A. Eat Christmas leftovers
B. Swim by the beachside
C. Hunt for immigrating pelicans
53. What made fox hunting on boxing day to fade off?
A. People lost interest
B. People started killing other animals
C. It was banned
54. The term “Christmas box” dates back to which century?
A. Seventeen century
B. Eighteen century
C. Sixteen century
55. The earliest attestations of boxing day from Britain was in?
56. The European tradition of giving money and other gifts to those in need and in service positions has been dated to?
A. Stone age
B. Ice age
C. Middle age
57. Traditional fox hunting remains lawful in which of the following regions?
B. Northern Scotland
C. Northern Ireland
58. No formal rugby fixtures have been arranged on Boxing Day since the transition to a summer season in the?
59. Boxing day is usually the day with the highest number of racing meetings of the year in which country?
B. United States
60. What is the name of the second most prestigious chase in Britain for horse racing during boxing day?
A. Cheltenham Gold Cup
B. King George VI Chase at Kempton Park
C. Wakefield Trinity ground
61. What was the number of race meetings in Britain during boxing in 2016?
Hope you enjoyed these Boxing day trivia Questions, Please leave a comment and share with your family and friends. Which bird was once used to deliver Olympics results in Ancient Greece? Check out the answer and more 87 Fun Random Trivia Questions and Answers.