Fun Canada Trivia Questions And Answers
Looking for a fun way to learn some interesting things about Canada? We got your back. We have lined up some mind-blowing and error-free Canada questions that will expose you to lots of knowledge about Canada.
These trivia questions will certainly come in handy when you are bored or want to surprise your family and friends with your knowledge about Canada. You can also play this with your friends, family, or co-workers. Try the questions and click on “Show Answer” to see the correct answers to the questions you’ve answered.
1. Who was the first French-speaking Prime Minister of Canada?
A. Wilfrid Laurier
B. Wilson John
C. Fred Macron
2. After the battle of the plains, which country took control over Quebec?
A. United States
3. What is the name of the person that chose the name ‘British Columbia’?
A. Wilson Churchill
B. Queen Elizabeth
C. Queen Victoria
4. When was the maple leaf first used as a symbol of the nation?
5. What Is the name of the last province to join Canada?
6. What route to Canada did slaves take to escape slavery in the United States?
A. Newfoundland Railway
B. The Underground Railroad
C. Quebec Railroad
7. In which decade did the Great Depression take place in Canada?
8. What is the name of the tribe that was hunted to extinction by Europeans who invaded Newfoundland?
C. Chinese Canadians
9. When did Canadian women win the right to vote in elections?
10. When is Remembrance Day celebrated in Canada?
A. 11th October
B. 11th December
C. 11th November
11. What were the early settlers of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia who spoke French called?
12. What is the name of the person that led the rebellions in Quebec City against the colonial governments?
A. John Louis Peter
B. Louis-Joseph Papineau
C. Louis Peterson
13. The nickname of Canada is?
A. The Great White South
B. The Great White East
C. The Great White North
14. The Battle of Vimy Ridge, in which four divisions of the Canadian Corps fought, was in which war?
A. World War 2
B. World War 1
C. Canada Civil War
15. What is the name of the first Prime Minister of Canada?
A. Louis-Joseph Papineau
B. Wilfrid Laurier
C. John A. Macdonald
16. In which year was Canada founded?
17. When did British Columbia join the Canadian Confederation?
18. The ethnic group that was once forced to pay a head tax to migrate to Canada is?
19. The economic issue dominated the Canadian Federal elections in 1988 was?
B. GDP reduction
C. Free trade
20. Which term was used to associate the pioneer French Traders in Canada?
A. Coureurs des bois
B. Coureurs du vu
C. Coureurs du riz
21. What is the name of the British subjects that fled to Canada during and after the American Revolution?
A. United Empire Loyalists
B. United Kingdom Loyalists
C. United Empire Knights
22. What is the name of the political movement that swept all through Quebec City in the 1960s?
A. Canadian Revolution
B. The Quiet Revolution
C. Quebec Revolution
23. The first Canadian to go into space was?
A. Marc Garneau
B. Marc Stuart
C. Marc John
24. When was Canada’s Constitution partitioned from Great Britain?
25. When did New Brunswick become its own separate colony?
26. In which year was the first Canadian team in the NBA established?
27. What is the name of the person that designed the Canadian Flag?
A. George Peters
B. John Lewis
C. George Stanley
28. The individual that was responsible for the Canadian National Anthem lyrics was?
A. Sir Frank Swettenham
B. Sir Adolphe-Basile Routhier
C. Sir Frank Victor
29. The city that currently serves as the home to an NBA team that originated in Canada is?
30. What Is the name of the Canadian mixed martial artist considered to be one of the greatest fighters in MMA history?
A. George Laurier
B. Georges St-Pierre
C. Ben Hayward
31. What is the name of the person that hit a walk-off home run to hand over Blue Jays a World Series title?
A. Peter Carter
B. John Carter
C. Joe Carter
32. Which team was the last from Canada to bag the Stanley cup, from 2020?
A. Montreal Canadiens
B. Newfoundland Heroes
C. Toronto Rock
33. Which series of NHL outdoor games are played exclusively between teams from Canada?
A. Hedera Classic
B. Quebec Classic
C. Heritage Classic
34. The rank that is held by the individual after whom the Stanley Cup has been named is?
A. Prime minister
B. Governor General
35. Mark Tewkesbury specialized in which swimming stroke to win a gold medal at the Olympics?
B. Butterfly stroke
C. Front stroke
36. What Is the name of the Canadian athlete that first secured a gold medal on home turf?
A. Alexander Jackson
B. Laurie Henderson
C. Alexandre Bilodeau
37. Canada first took part in which Olympic games?
38. Ottawa Rough Riders was founded in which year?
39. The athletic teams of the University of Ottawa are collectively called?
A. The Moon Pies
B. The Gee-Gees
C. Ottawa Riders
40. What was the name of the Saskatchewan CFL team in 2005?
B. Golden Bears and Pandas
C. The Gee-Gees
41. What Is the name of the Canadian city that serves as the birthplace of ice hockey?
42. The total number of teams that are present in the NHL is?
43. In 1995, which city did the Quebec Nordiques depart?
44. The first Canadian male golfer in 2003 to win a Major when he bagged The Master’s title was?
A. Mike Weir
B. Mike Harrison
C. Justin Morneau
45. What is the number of provinces that Canada has?
46. Which territory in Canada is governed by Inuits or Eskimos?
47. Which river in Canada is the longest?
A. St Lawrence
B. Hudson River
48. St Lawrence River is in which city?
49. The Canadian river that does not flow into the Hudson Bay is known as?
B. Manitoba River
C. St Lawrence
50. Canada borders how many oceans?
51. The estimated length of Canada coastline is?
A. Approximately 343,000 kilometers
B. Approximately 143,000 kilometers
C. Approximately 243,000 kilometers
52. Which place in Canada has the world’s longest covered bridge?
A. Vancouver Island
53. The two provinces that are bordered by the popular Rocky Mountains are?
A. British Columbia and Alberta
B. Montreal and Ontario
C. Toronto and Nunavut
54. The biggest bay in Canada is the?
A. Alberta Bay
B. Newfoundland Bay
C. Hudson Bay
55. In Canada, the largest city by area is?
56. Flin Flon is located in which city?
A. British Columbia
57. How many great lakes are there in Canada?
58. In Canada, which biome does not exist within the country?
A. Sudan savanna
C. Tropical rainforest
59. The largest mall in Canada is located in which city?
60. The longest highway in Canada is the?
A. Trans-Toronto Highway
B. Trans-Quebec Highway
C. Trans-Canada Highway
61. The highest point of Ontario is?
A. Ishpatina Ridge
B. Ontario Tower
C. Ontario Hill
Hope you enjoyed these Canada trivia questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here