Fun Cat Trivia Questions and Answer
Do you know much or little about cats? Well, find out for yourself. Cats are adorable, furry pet animals, with individual personalities and unique symbolisms in various parts of the world. Over the years, we’ve seen cats worshipped as gods, inherit their owner’s fortune, and even rise to fame.
Here, we’ve carefully created these cat trivia questions that you can play alone or with friends and family, to help you relax and have fun while exploring the cat world. Click on “Show Answer” to see the correct answers to the questions you have answered.
1. What is the normal body temperature of a cat?
A. 94 degrees
B. 102 degrees
C. 106 degrees
2. What color of eyes are cats born with?
3. How many bones do cats have?
4. What fruit do cats stay away from because of its smell?
5. What cat gender is likely to be left-pawed?
6. What can cats not taste?
A. Sour things
B. Bitter things
C. Sweet things
7. How high can a cat jump?
A. 10 times their body height
B. 5 times their body height
C. 12 times their body height
8. A place for breeding cats is known as?
C. Cat Home
9. Which one of these gestures makes a cat feel threatened?
A. Touching its face
B. Direct eye contact
10. Unlike a dog who can only make 10 different sounds, how many different sounds can a cat make?
11. Do all cats have eyelashes?
12. How were dead cats mourned in ancient Egypt?
A. Eat assorted dishes
B. Shave their eyebrows
C. Silence for three days
13. Which American president had a cat called Socks?
A. Bill Clinton
B. Barack Obama
C. Donald Trump
14. What was the punishment for killing a cat in Ancient Egypt?
15. Why were cats revered in ancient Egypt?
A. They were a symbol of royalty
B. They were evil beings
C. They were known to bring good luck
16. What body part of a cat is as unique as a human fingerprint?
A. The eye
B. The fur
C. The nose
17. What was the name of the first cat to be launched into space in 1963?
18. Cats do not have an incest taboo and so kittens from the same litter can have different fathers. True or False?
19. What does a cat use its tail for?
A. Communicate and maintain balance
B. Fight and communicate
20. The fear of cats is called?
A. Cat phobia
21. What unusual color of a cat was born in Denmark?
22. How many times are cats mentioned in the Bible?
23. What Catholic Pope condemned cats as evil?
A. Pope John Paul VII
B. Pope Julius III
C. Pope Innocent VIII
24. What year was the first cat show held in the United States?
A. May 1990
B. May 1750
C. May 1895
25. How old was the world’s oldest cat?
A. 38 years and 3 days
B. 20 years and 2 days
C. 33 years and 5 days
26. What was the name of the cat that was gifted a $12,500,000 fortune by its owner, a British millionaire named Ben Rea?
27. How many toes does a normal cat have?
28. How far can a cat rotate its ears?
A. 360 degrees
B. 180 degrees
C. 90 degrees
29. How fast can a domestic cat run?
A. 30 MPH
B. 60 MPH
C. 20 MPH
30. How many kittens made up the 1970 Guinness World Record for the largest litter of domestic cats?
31. Which of the following cat breeds is cross-eyed?
A. Maine Coon
32. Who introduced the world’s first cat flap?
A. Albert Einstein
B. Isaac Newton
C. Henry Ford
33. Which wild cat does a domestic cat share 95% of its genome with?
34. What cats live longer lives?
A. Neutered cats
B. Unaltered cats
C. Filtered cats
35. What are cats with extra toes called?
36. At what age can a cat be pregnant?
A. 12 months
B. 4 months
C. 10 months
37. How many pet cats did Abraham Lincoln have?
38. What does it mean when a cat hisses?
39. What does a cat’s slow wink mean?
40. What does it mean when a cat stares with its mouth open?
A. They’re shocked at something
B. They taste scents in the air
C. They’re sad
41. According to The International Cat Association (TICA), how many breeds of cats exist?
42. What is a female cat called?
43. What is the smallest breed of cats?
C. Cornish Rex
44. How many kittens can a single pair of cats and their offspring produce in 7 years?
45. Which country has the most cat population in the world?
B. the United States
46. One of these reasons is not part of why cats lick themselves?
A. Stimulate blood flow
B. Regulate the body temperature
C. Helps in procreation.
47. What breed of cat has the longest fur?
A. The Persian
B. The Himalayan
C. The Sphynx
48. What was the name of the first cartoon cat?
49. What is the earliest known ancestor of the modern cat?
50. What was the name of the first cloned cat?
A. Copy Cat
51. What cat goddess did ancient Egyptians worship?
52. Tabby cats are named after a neighborhood in what city?
53. What breed of cat is known for its owl-like appearance?
A. Scottish Fold
B. Persian Cat
C. Norwegian Forest Cat
54. In Thailand what cat is given to newlyweds for good luck?
55. Which country has more cats per person than any other country in the world?
B. New Zealand
56. Which subfamily of cats includes the tiger?
57. What breed of cats have individual hairs banded with different colors?
C. British short hair
58. How many pounds did the heaviest cat weigh?
A. 30 lbs
B. 20 lbs
C. 47 lbs
59. How many teeth does an adult cat have?
60. What is the largest breed of cat?
A. Maine Coon
61. What is unusual about a white cat with blue eyes?
A. They might be blind
B. They might be deaf
C. The will die
Hope you enjoyed these Interesting cat trivia questions and answers, leave a comment and share with friends and family. Do you know that cat has over 100 sounds? Check out 64 Interesting and Surprising Cat Facts