61 Fun Plant Trivia Questions and Answers for Kids
Entertain and educate your kids with these specially created plant trivia questions. This trivia is created with a mixture of easy and hard trivia to keep the interest of the kid in the game till the end.
The questions are designed to be short and easy for kids to understand. Your kids will certainly be happier and wiser after playing this trivia game.
1. The part that anchors the plant to the ground is called?
2. Which plant is the fastest growing plant?
3. The process by which plants convert carbon dioxide, water, and minerals into food when they use energy from sunlight is called?
4. Is cucumber a vegetable?
Answer: No, it is a fruit
5. Which country does sweet potato come from?
6. The largest flower in the world is called?
Answer: Rafflesia arnoldii
7. Which tree are cricket bats mainly made from?
Answer: Willow trees
8. Which acid do onions contain that causes tears when we cut them?
Answer: sulphuric acid
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. The part of a plant root that it uses to absorb minerals and water is called?
Answer: root hair
10. The only fruit that has seeds on the outside is?
11. Is the tomato a fruit or vegetable?
12. The tallest tree in the world is?
Answer: California redwoods
13. What is the name of the smallest flowering plant?
14. What is the name of the world’s largest carnivorous plant?
Answer: Nepenthes rajah
15. Can tree rings be used to determine the tree’s age?
16. How old is the oldest tree on earth?
Answer: over 5000 years old.
17. 90% of the food human eat come from how many plants?
18. What is a cluster of bananas called?
Answer: a hand
19. Cabbage contains 91% of what?
20. Which country is named after a tree?
21. Which tree is called “the tree of life”?
Answer: baobab tree
22. The first botanical garden opened in which year?
23. What is the scientific method of determining the age of a tree is called?
24. How many percentages of planets on earth are in the ocean?
25. Are apples and pears part of the rose family?
26. What is the name of the smallest tree?
Answer: dwarf willow
27. What is the name of the tallest flower?
Answer: corpse flower
28. Are Mushrooms classified as plants?
Answer: No, they belong to the kingdom Fungi.
29. Where is the poison garden located?
Answer: Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, England.
30. What is the name of the largest seed on earth?
31. The world’s smallest seeds are?
32. Are Peanuts, nuts, or legumes?
33. What is the scientific name for flowering plants?
34. How many years does it take an orange tree to produce fruit?
Answer: Three to five years
35. Where did apple originate from?
Answer: Central Asia
36. leaves and roots are part of the 3 main parts of a plant, what is the last part?
37. Plants could be divided into two main groups, Flowering plants, and ________?
Answer: non-flowering plants
38. The male part of a flower is called what?
39. Between Palm, sugarcane, and Bamboo. Which is the main food of pandas?
40. Paper was originally made from which plant?
41. Which substances give plant leaves their green color?
42. What can cause the leaves of a plant are curl inward and wilt?
Answer: Lack of water
43. The scientific study of plant life is termed?
44. The most produced grain plant in the world currently is?
45. Plants that do not have seed produce through which process?
Answer: Through spores
46. Which flower is a national flower of England?
47. The pineapple plants originated from which continent?
Answer: South America
48. What’s the most popular fruit on earth?
49. What is the name of the first vegetable that was grown in space?
50. Do kiwi fruits contain more vitamin C than oranges?
51. What’s the world’s most expensive fruit?
Answer: Yubari melon
52. How many seeds does a strawberry have?
Answer: About 200
54. Between Potatoes and bananas, which contains more potassium?
55. Dried grapes are commonly known as what?
56. Which fruit contains the highest percentage of water?
57. Which fruit is known as a symbol of fertility and death in Ancient Greek mythology?
Answer: Pomegranate (Indian apple)
58. Fruits develop from which part of a plant?
59. What is the name of a red fruit that Europeans believe to be poisonous for around 200 years?
60. “Williams” and “Conference” are kinds of which type of fruit?
61. The dragon fruit originated from where?
Answer: Central and South America
Hope you enjoyed these plant trivia questions with your kids? Please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family. Also, check out 89 Fun and Interesting Trivia Questions and Answers for Kids.
Leave a Reply