61 Interesting Japan Trivia Questions And Answers
Looking for a fun way to learn some interesting things about Japan? We got your back. We have lined up some mind-blowing and error-free Japan trivia questions that will expose you to lots of knowledge about Japan.
These trivia questions will certainly come in handy when you are bored or want to surprise your family and friends with your knowledge about this great East Asia country. You can also play this with your friends, family, or co-workers. Try the questions and click on “Show Answer” to see the correct answers to the questions you’ve answered.
1. What is Japan’s national animal?
B. Green pheasant
2. What is the major religion of the Japanese?
3. What is the National currency of Japan?
A. Japanese dollar
B. Japanese Yen
C. Japanese Frac
4. The capital city of Japan, Tokyo , was formerly known as?
5. Japan is located on which continent?
B. South America
6. Japan experiences so many volcanoes and earthquakes because it sits on the?
A. Pacific ring of fire
B. Indian ring of fire
C. Atlantic ring of fire
7. Japan practices which system of government?
B. Unitary Parliamentary
8. How many islands are there in Japan?
A. 5,677 islands
B. 7,799 islands
C. 6,852 islands
9. What is the name of the National liquor of Japan?
10. The first constitution in Japan was formed in which year?
11. What is Japan’s national day?
A. 11th of february
B. 11th of November
C. 11th of October
12. The independence day of Japan is celebrated on which day?
A. November 28
B. November 20th
C. November 29th
13. Emperor Jimmu was said to establish Japan in which year?
A. 640 BC
B. 650 BC
C. 660 BC
14. The national fruit of Japan is known as?
A. Japanese lemon
B. Japanese persimmon
C. Japanese apple
15. What is the driving side of Japanese drivers?
A. Left drive
B. Right drive
C. Both, depending
16. In Japan, the flower symbol of the country is?
B. Cherry blossom
C. Rose flower
17. The national anthem of Japan is known as?
18. The first university that was established in Japan is known as?
A. University of Japan
B. Tokyo International University
C. Keio University
19. The first Emperor that ruled Japan was known as?
A. Jimmu Tennō
B. Timmu Lino
C. Hundi Kofi
20. Currently the prime minister of Japan has ruled the country for how many years?
A. 5 years
B. 4 years
C. 6 years
21. The first military leader of Japan was named?
A. Jimmu Tenno
B. Shikoku Lee
C. Minamoto Yoritomo
22. The largest prefecture in Japan is known as the?
A. Honshu prefecture
B. Tokyo prefecture
C. Shikoku prefecture
23. What is the name of the largest river in Japan?
A. Shinano river
B. Shikoku river
C. Tokyo river
24. Out of islands in Japan, which one is the largest?
25. In which war was Japan first bombed?
A. World War 2
B. World War 1
C. Japan Civil War
26. In which year did Japan join the United Nations?
27. Which of the following persons is a popular Japanese actress?
A. Suzu Hirose
B. Suzi Hiresa
C. Somzi Hirose
28. Which of the following is the national sport of Japan?
29. The largest bridge in Japan is known as?
A. Tokyo Bridge
B. Shikoku Bridge
C. Akashi Kaikyo Bridge
30. How many percent of Japan is unsuitable for agricultural, industrial, or residential use and forested?
A. 53 percent
B. 63 percent
C. 73 percent
31. What is the total number of volcanoes that is located in Japan?
32. What is the approximate number of earthquakes in Japan every year?
A. Approximately 5,000 minor earthquakes
B. Approximately 7,000 minor earthquakes
C. Approximately 2,000 minor earthquakes
33. The strongest earthquake that was recorded in Japan happened in which year?
34. The calling code of Japan is?
35. The first military leader of Japan ruled the country in which year?
A. 1123 CE
B. 1672 CE
C. 1192 CE
36. What is the average height of a Japanese male?
A. 160.3 centimeters
B. 150.6 centimeters
C. 170.7 centimeters
37. What was the name of the prime minister of Japan in 1945?
A. Minamoto Yoritomo
B. Ito Hirobumi
C. Danshaku Suzuki Kantarō
38. The first bombing of Japan took place in which year?
39. What is the name of the country that first bombed Japan?
B. United States
40. The first people that inhabited Japan were known as?
41. The first bombing of Japan was called?
A. The Doolittle Raid
B. The Masterplan Raid
C. The Hugo Raid
42. The following are Japanese martial arts except?
43. How many alphabets are there in the Japanese language?
44. The national fish of Japan is known as?
45. The highest point in Japan is the?
A. Mount shikoku
B. Mount Japan
C. Mount fuji
46. How many letters are in the Japanese language?
47. What is the average height of a Japanese female?
48. What are the National primary colors of Japan?
A. Blue and white
B. Red and white
C. Green and blue
49. The most common Japanese male name is?
50. The Japanese alphabet consists of how many sounds?
A. 67 sounds
B. 78 sounds
C. 99 sounds
51. The most popular sport in Japan is?
52. The national instrument of Japan is known as?
53. In 2017, the average lifespan of a Japanese person was?
A. 91.1 years
B. 69.89 years
C. 84.10 years
54. Sakura is a name in Japan that means what?
A. Love and peace
B. Cherry blossoms
C. Kindness and joy
55. What is the average lifespan of a Japanese person in 2017?
A. 84.10 years
B. 79.37 years
C. 81.45 years
56. What is the average height of a Japanese male?
57. The main crop of Japan is?
58. How many percent of Japan is Covered in Forest?
A. 34 percent
B. 57 percent
C. 69 percent
59. What is the main export of Japan?
B. Electronics and cars
C. Oil and gas
60. When was the First Society of Japan established?
A. Middle age
B. Jomon period
C. Stone age
61. In life expectancy, what is the rank of Japan?
Hope you enjoyed these Japan trivia questions and answers. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here