Interesting Saint Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions And Answers
Saint Patrick’s Day is also known as the Feast of Saint Patrick and is celebrated on the 17th of March every year. Saint Patrick is also the patron saint of some countries such as Ireland and was British before he went back to Ireland to carry out his missionary works. Do you know that Saint Patrick made use of the shamrock to explain the idea behind the holy trinity to pagans in Ireland? This error-free trivia question and answer is specially designed to help you discover some interesting facts through questions and answers about Saint Patrick’s Day celebration. Click on the “Show Answer” to see answers to the questions.
1. Saint Patrick is known as the patron Saint of which country?
B. the United States
2. The following are Christian congregations that celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day except?
B. Jehovah Witness
3. In Ireland, what color of the cloth is worn by Irish people on Saint Patrick’s Day?
4. What was the class of family that Saint Patrick was born into?
C. Middle class
5. In which century did Saint Patrick live?
A. 7th century
B. 5th century
C. 6th century
6. What was the status of Saint Patrick in the church?
A. Reverend father
C. Bishop of Ireland
7. The father of Saint Patrick held which post in the church?
C. Parish priest
8. The classification of Saint Patrick’s family is that of?
9. At what age was Saint Patrick kidnapped?
A. 24 years old
B. 16 years old
C. 17 years old
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
10. Who were the people that kidnapped Saint Patrick when he was younger?
A. Irish raiders
B. Dutch raiders
C. British raiders
11. What was the post that the grandfather of Saint Patrick held in the church?
C. Parish priest
12. When Saint Patrick was kidnapped, he was taken as a slave to where?
13. How many years did Saint Patrick spend working as a shepherd during slavery?
14. At what time did Saint Patrick come in contact with God?
A. Before he was kidnapped
B. Before he became a slave
C. While he was a Shepherd
15. After Saint Patrick came in contact with God, he first started converting which people?
A. Irish pagans
B. British pagans
C. Dutch pagans
16. What was the number of people that Saint Patrick converted in Ireland?
17. There was an allegation against Saint Patrick that he drove what out of Ireland?
18. Where was Saint Patrick buried after he died?
19. What did Saint Patrick use to explain the trinity to Irish pagans?
A. Three leaved shamrock
B. Three leaved rose
C. Three leaved canna
20. Which country first Ireland to be having a parade on Saint Patrick’s Day?
B. United States
21. In what century did the Saint Patrick’s Day parade start happening in Ireland?
A. 21st century
B. 18th century
C. 20th century
22. In liturgical congregations, what lenten restrictions are lifted on Saint Patrick’s Day?
A. Eating and drinking soda
B. Eating and drinking alcohol
C. Eating and drinking juice
23. How many countries across the world light up landmarks with green to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day?
24. Since when has Saint Patrick’s Day been celebrated in the United States?
25. Which city in North America hosts the longest-running Saint Patrick’s Day parades in the continent?
A. New York City
C. New Jersey
26. What was the original name of Saint Patrick?
27. How many years did Saint Patrick spend as a monk?
A. 30 years
B. 40 years
C. 20 years
28. What is the name of the convent where Saint Patrick stayed as a monk?
A. Maruti Abbey
B. Marmoutier Abbey
C. Marmoutier Ebbey
29. In what year was Saint Patrick called to Rome to be made a bishop?
30. What is the name of the pope that made Saint Patrick a bishop?
A. Pope Celestine
B. Pope Peter
C. Pope John Paul
31. After being made a bishop, how many followers followed Saint Patrick back to Ireland?
32. Who was the king of Ireland that Saint Patrick converted to Christianity with shamrock?
A. King of Tara
B. King of Westhampton
C. King of Laoghaire
33. How many years did the Saint Patrick mission in Ireland last?
A. 30 years
B. 40 years
C. 50 years
34. What did Saint Patrick use to celebrate Easter?
A. Holy water
35. Which bishop gave Saint Patrick his last holy communion?
A. Bishop Michael
B. Bishop Tassach
C. Bishop Peter
36. The church that was first founded by Saint Patrick was located in?
37. What were the names of Saint Patrick’s parents?
A. Caponin and Mary
B. Callum and Caroline
C. Calpurnius and Conchessa
38. What is the name of the book that Saint Patrick wrote in his last years?
39. How many years did Saint Patrick spend receiving his training to become a priest?
A. 15 years
B. 13 years
C. 12 years
40. How many years has Saint Patrick’s Day been celebrated in Ireland?
A. Over 2000 years
B. Over 1000 years
C. Over 3000 years
41. What was the color associated with Saint Patrick before it was changed to green?
42. In which years was the color green officially adopted as the color for Saint Patrick’s Day?
43. What is the estimated number of Saint Patrick parades that are held in the United States?
A. More than 100
B. More than 200
C. More than 500
44. The first Saint Patrick parade was held where?
45. The first Saint Patrick parade that happened in New York was in which year?
46. The Chicago River is dyed which color on Saint Patrick’s Day?
47. The 200th anniversary of St Patrick’s Day was celebrated where?
A. Sydney opera
B. Statue of liberty
C. Saint Peter’s Cathedral
48. The first Saint Patrick’s Day celebration in the US was held where?
A. New York
C. New Jersey
49. What is the world’s shortest St Patrick’s Day parade held at?
A. New Delhi
50. What is the proportion of beer does Guinness sells compared to its everyday sales on Saint Patrick’s Day?
A. 2 times its normal sales
B. 3 times its normal sales
C. 4 times its normals sales
51. What is the estimate of churches that are named after Saint Patrick in the United States?
52. Which year did Saint Patrick’s Day fall together with Palm Sunday?
A. 1956 and 2005
B. 1989 and 2007
C. 1940 and 2008
53. What does the Irish president send to the United States president on Saint Patrick’s Day?
A. Green attire
54. How many times is Saint Patrick’s Day celebrated a year?
55. When did the Saint Patrick’s Day parade start in Toronto?
56. At what time of the day is the feast of Saint Patrick celebrated in the church?
57. Other than the shamrock, which other item is sacred on Saint Patrick’s Day?
A. Celtic cross
B. Irish cross
C. Dutch cross
58. Aside from the Catholics, which other Christian congregation has the largest number of people that celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day?
C. Jehovah witness
59. At what time in the church calendar is Saint Patrick’s Day shifted?
A. Holy week
B. New year
C. Christmas eve
60. Which year did Saint Patrick’s Day become an official national holiday in Ireland?
61. Which town in England has the largest Saint Patrick’s Day parade?
Hope you enjoyed these Saint Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions, Please leave a comment and share with your family and friends. Which bird was once used to deliver Olympics results in Ancient Greece? Check out the answer and more 87 Fun Random Trivia Questions and Answers.