Ready to travel back to the 1970s to explore the interesting times of that decade? We got you, as we have carefully complied interesting and error-free 70s trivia questions and answers around different new Inventions that were made in music, videos, and different popular events, especially in the United States. In this trivia game, you will find a super fun 70s quiz for your next trivia night with friends and family.
1. Can you name a popular event that happened on June 17, 1972?
Answer: The Watergate break-in
2. What was the name of the horse that won the Belmont Stakes in 1973?
Answer: The Secretariat
3. Can you describe what happened to Patty Hearst in 1974?
Answer: she was kidnapped
4. Life became a monthly magazine after which year?
5. Which innovative portable technology did Sony release in 1979?
Answer: the Walkman
6. The unusual toy that became a bit of a craze in 1975 was?
Answer: The pet rock
7. Can you name a toy in the 1970s that would tell you things like ‘it is certain’ and ‘reply hazy, try again?
Answer: Then Magic 8-ball
8. England and France developed which supersonic jet in the 1970s?
Answer: The Concorde
9. The crew of Apollo 13 uttered which infamous line in the 1970s?
Answer: ‘Houston, we have a problem’
10. What Is the name of the 9th horse to win the Triple Crown in 1973?
11. What Is the name of the most produced car in the world in 1972?
Answer: The Volkswagen Beetle
12. Which magazine used to be a weekly magazine until 1972?
13. What Is the phrase that accompanied the iconic smiley face logo that appeared in the 1970s?
Answer: ‘Have a happy day.’
14. Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Robots first appeared in the 1970s, true or false?
15. Which computer operating system company was founded in 1975?
16. Launched in 1970, which product was branded as ‘the hot one’?
Answer: The Chopper kid’s bike
17. In which place did one of the deadliest earthquakes happen in 1976?
18. What Is the name of the person that was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979?
Answer: Mother Teresa
19. Who founded the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project?
Answer: Jim Jones
20. What Is the name of the person that won 7 gold medals in the 1972 Olympic games?
Answer: Mark Spitz
21. Haile Selassie, an Ethiopian president, died in which year?
22. A group of Chinese farmers discovered what in 1974?
Answer: terracotta army
23. The best-selling single in England in 1974 was?
Answer: Mud with Tiger Feet
24. the ‘ biggest band of the 1970’s’ to Rolling Stone magazine was?
Answer: Led Zeppelin
25. The epic hit single that the English band Queen released in 1975 was named?
Answer: Bohemian Rhapsody
26. What Is the name of the person that wrote the song ‘All the Young Dudes’,?
Answer: David Bowie
27. Which Cat Stevens album, released in 1970, featured his famous song ‘Wild World’?
Answer: Tea for the Tillerman
28. Who was known for ‘I Will Survive’ in 1979?
Answer: Gloria Gaynor
29. Which glam rock band was Marc Bolan the lead singer?
30. Which famous band released their final album in 1970 and also broke up in the same year?
Answer: The Beatles
31. Errol Brown was a singer in which 1970’s band?
Answer: hot chocolate
32. What Is the name of the folk-rock duo that released their final album, called Bridge Over Troubled Water, in the 1970s?
Answer: Simon & Garfunkel
33. Which Irish band sang The Boys Are Back In Town in the 1970s?
Answer: Thin Lizzy
34. Which band won the Eurovision song contest in 1974?
35. Which band released the 1970’s albums Paranoid and Masters of Reality?
Answer: Black Sabbath
36. Which band released ‘Message in a Bottle’ in 1979?
Answer: The police
37. The film Grease was released in the?
38. The best-selling film soundtrack of the 1970s was?
Answer: Saturday Night Fever
39. What Is the name of the person that played Bob Woodward in All The President’s Men?
Answer: Robert Redford
40. The controversial horror movie featuring Ellen Burstyn was?
Answer: The Exorcist
41. The 1970s drug smuggling classic Midnight Express was set in?
42. Susan Sarandon played which role in The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
43. Adrian from Rocky worked where?
Answer: In a pet shop
44. The James Bond film Goldfinger was made in the 1970s, true or false?
45. The boat in Jaws was called?
Answer: The Orca
46. At the end of Kramer vs Kramer, what happened?
Answer: The mother hands over custody of her son
47. Augustus Gloop, Violet Beauregarde, and Veruca Salt characters featured in which 1970s film?
Answer: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
48. Laurie Strode is killed in the classic 1970s horror film Halloween, true or false?
49. In which 1970s film did the mother and the daughter swap bodies?
Answer: Freaky Friday
50. Nellie Olsen appeared in which TV show?
Answer: Little House on the Prairie
51. What was grandpa’s first name in The Waltons?
52. What Is the name of the person who played Danny’s character in the hit 1970s movie Grease?
Answer: Johnny Travolta
53. Angie Dickenson’s character in PoliceWoman was?
Answer: Sgt Pepper Anderson
54. Which iconic 1970’s film did David Soul feature in?
Answer: Starsky and Hutch
55. What Is the name of the person that played the reporter in Kolchak: The Night Stalker?
Answer: Darren McGavin
56. Laverne and Shirley worked in which place?
Answer: a bottling factory
57. Diane von Furstenberg created what in the 1970s?
Answer: a dress
58. Complete the advertising slogan – ‘gee, your hair smells ___’?
59. Can you name the fashion style that came to be extremely popular during the 1970s?
60. What are the trousers that feature a wide bottom of the leg called in the 1970s?
Answer: Bell Bottoms
61. Capezio shoes were huge in the 1970s and started as?
Answer: jazz slippers
62. Which shorts that have rounded hems and a slit up the sides in the 1970s are called?
63. Which popular kids’ underwear featured superhero motifs?
64. Which type of trousers were often seen at roller discos in the 70s?
Answer: satin trousers
65. What Is the name of the person that invented hot pants?
Answer: Mary Quant
66. Which popular 1970’s shoes featured huge heels?
Answer: the platform
67. What Is the name of the dress that Diane von Furstenberg created in the 1970s?
Answer: the wrap dress
68. The shoe that featured a heel that was lower than the rest of the shoe was called?
Answer: earth shoes
69. Which sunglasses became hugely popular in the 1970s?
Answer: Mirrored lens sunglasses
70. The style of top that became popularized by Daisy Duke was?
Answer: The tie-top
71. Which Charlie’s Angel gave her name to a particular hairstyle?
Answer: Farrah Fawcett
Hope you enjoyed these 70s trivia questions and answers. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 81 World History Trivia Questions And Answers and 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here