Ready to travel back to the 1980s to explore the interesting times of that decade? We got you, as we have carefully complied interesting and error-free 80s trivia questions and answers around different events, companies, and inventions, especially in the United States.
It was during this decade that the Berlin Wall was torn down, Nike launched their “Just Do It” advertising slogan and many more. In this trivia game, you will find a super fun 80s quiz for your next trivia night with friends and family.
1. In which location were the 1980 Olympic Games held?
Answer: Moscow, Russia
2. What Is the name of the video game that was the most popular video game of the 1980s?
Answer: Mario Bros
3. What was the meaning of VHS in the 1980s?
Answer: video home system
4. When was the Berlin Wall torn down?
5. Can you name the advertising slogan launched by Nike in 1988?
Answer: “just do it”
6. What Is the name of the computer sold in the 1980s that still holds the Guinness World Record for the highest-selling computer of all time?
Answer: The Commodore 64
7. The world’s first disposable camera, The Fuji QuickSnap was introduced when?
8. In which location was the 1986 World Cup held?
Answer: Mexico City
9. How long did it take the inventor of the Rubik cube to solve it?
Answer: 4 weeks
10. What Is the name of the infamous ship that sank in 1912 and was found in 1985?
11. Can you name the first country that had the first Disneyland to be built outside of the US and when?
Answer: Japan, 1983.
12. The name of the space shuttle that tragically exploded in 1986 was?
13. The name of the incredibly popular range of dolls introduced in the 1980s was?
Answer: Cabbage Patch Kids
14. CD players first appeared in?
15. What Is the name of the team that won the Superbowl in 1987?
Answer: The New York Giants
16. Robert Ludlum published the first book in a series called The Bourne Identity when?
17. Can you name the shoe that had a resurgence in the 1980s?
Answer: The Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star
18. The 1984 Olympics games were held where?
Answer: Los Angeles
19. The 1988 movie that featured Julia Roberts’ big break was?
Answer: Mystic Pizza
20. the 1988 Olympics games were held in which place?
21. Can you name the kid’s accessory that took the 1980s by storm?
Answer: Swatch watches
22. Can you name the most prominent underwear designer of the 1980s?
Answer: Calvin Klein
23. Can you name the person that was synonymous with workout videos during the 1980s?
Answer: Jane Fonda
24. Which volcano erupted in 1989 in the United States?
Answer: Mount St Helens
25. Where was makeup majorly stored in the 1980s?
Answer: A Caboodle
26. What event happened in Ukraine in 1986?
Answer: The Chornobyl Disaster
27. Can you name a kind of car that was used as a time machine in Back to the Future?
28. Name the smash hit film that featured Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis?
29. Which car was used in Knight Rider?
30. The confectionary product that was made famous by E.T. was?
Answer: Reese’s Pieces
31. Which iconic cartoon started as a series of short skits on the Tracey Ullman Show in 1987?
Answer: The Simpson
32. The news network that first launched in 1980 was?
33. In which 1980s movie was Freddy Krueger a villain?
Answer: Nightmare On Elm Street
34. The movie that featured Matt Damon’s first speaking role in 1988 was?
Answer: Mystic Pizza
35. What Is the name of the person that first appeared as James Bond in 1987
Answer: Timothy Dalton
36. Can you name the Austrian bodybuilder that had his first big break in 1982?
Answer: Arnold Schwarznegger
37. In which iconic 1980s show did Angela, Tony, Sam, and Mona appear in?
Answer: who’s the boss
38. Can you name the person that starred as Ferris Bueller in ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’?
Answer: Matthew Broderick
39. Which car featured prominently in the iconic 1980’s show Dukes of Hazzard?
Answer: General Lee
40. The evil wizard who was featured in the animated show He-Man was?
41. Scooby-Doo and his friends travel around in which van?
Answer: The Mystery Machine
42. The television journalist had the catch-phrase ‘and that’s the way it was named?
Answer: Walter Cronkite
43. The villain in the Smurfs was called?
44. The evil spirit featured in the 1982 movie Poltergeist was called?
45. The 1980s film that features creatures that should never be fed after midnight was called?
46. The first female artist to sell over 5 million copies of her album was?
47. The song by Billy Joel featured over 100 different headlines from 1949 to 1989 was?
Answer: We Didn’t Start The Fire
48. What Is the name of the US musician that wrote the smash hit ‘Manic Monday’, made famous by the Bangles?
49. What Is the name of the person that played the guitar solo in Michael Jackson’s song ‘Beat It’?
Answer: Eddie Van Halen
50. The group A-ha comes from which country?
51. The artists that had a number 1 hit song in 1982, called ‘Ebony & Ivory’ were called?
Answer: Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
52. The famous Jamaican singer who passed away in 1981 was?
Answer: Bob Marley
53. Jenny’s phone number, as sung in the hugely popular 1980s song was?
54. The iconic 1987 Rick Astley song was named?
Answer: Never Gonna Give You Up
55. The musician that was ‘Addicted to Love’ is?
Answer: Robert Palmer
56. What Is the name of the chart-topping artist that finalized a divorce with Sean Penn in 1987?
57. What Is the name of the person that had a number 1 film, a number 1 album, and a number 1 single simultaneously in 1984?
58. The chart-topping single by Journey in 1981 was?
Answer: Don’t Stop Believin’
59. Which person did Bruce Springsteen get to dance on stage with him in his 1984 music video?
Answer: Courtney Cox
60. The 1983 tour called the ‘Serious Moonlight Tour’ was for which artist?
Answer: David Bowie
61. Dire Straits’ song ‘Money For Nothing’ Was released when?
62. Cyndi Lauper sang ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ when?
63. The 1982 album that was one of the best-selling albums of all time is?
Answer: Thriller by Michael Jackson
64. Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin was released in which year?
65. What Is the name of the Madonna song that first hit the Hot 100 in 1983?
66. The first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 goes by the name?
Answer: Aretha Franklin
67. What Is the name of the person that won the 1981 Grammy award for Album of the Year?
Answer: Christopher Cross
68. Lionel Richie left which group in 1982?
Answer: The Commodores
69. George Michael’s 1987 debut album was named?
70. ‘Pass the Dutchie’, was released in?
71. What Is the name of the accessory that was popularized by the iconic 1980s film Top Gun?
Answer: Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses
Hope you enjoyed these 80s trivia questions and answers. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 81 World History Trivia Questions And Answers and 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here