Canadian Trivia Questions And Answers
Canada is the world’s second-largest country by total area, but how vast is your knowledge about this bilingual country in North America? We have carefully crafted these super interesting and educative Canadian trivia questions and answers to cover a wide range of topics which include sports, history geography, food, etc. so get ready to answer some fun Canadian trivia questions and click the “Show Answer” to see the right answer to the questions. Also, check out 81 Interesting American Trivia Questions and Answers.
Canadian Sports Trivia Questions And Answers
1. Which Canadian athlete was the first to secure a gold medal on home turf?
2. Which overall international scoring records of which sport are being held by a Canadian woman?
3. Which two Canadian cities were the first to have hosted the Olympic Games?
4. Who became the first male golfer from Canada to win a Major when he bagged The Master’s title in 2003?
5. With which team did Grey cup winner Anthony Calvillo start his football career in the Canadian Football League?
6. Which Canadian city is the birthplace of ice hockey?
7. In which sport was Gaetan Boucher an Olympic gold medalist?
8. Which medal did Canada secure in the very first team figure skating event at the 2014 Olympics?
9. In the year 1969, which Canadian fell shy of winning the Masters golf tournament by a single stroke?
10. Which Canadian mixed martial artist is considered to be one of the greatest fighters in MMA history?
11. Which player is the only Canadian-born player as of 2020 to make an NBA all-star team apart from Steve Nash?
12. Which Canadian won the American League MVP award in the year 2006 whilst playing for the Minnesota Twins?
Canadian History Trivia Questions And Answers
13. Who were the individuals that were responsible for the Canadian National Anthem?
14. In which year did Canadian women win the right to vote in elections?
15. Which economic issue dominated the Canadian Federal elections in the years 1891, 1911, and 1988?
16. Which ethnic group was once forced to pay a head tax to migrate to Canada?
17. The Battle of Vimy Ridge, in which four divisions of the Canadian Corps fought, was in which war?
18. Who led the rebellions in Quebec City against the colonial governments?
19. Which Canadian was the first to go to space?
20. The early French Traders in Canada are commonly associated with which term?
21. What route to Canada did slaves take to escape slavery in the US?
22. At the beginning of the 1960s, what was the name of the political movement that swept all through Quebec City?
23. When was the first Canadian team in the NBA established?
24. Which country took control over Quebec after winning the Battle of Plains?
Canadian Geography Trivia Questions And Answers
25. The longest covered bridge in the world is located in which region in Canada?
26. Which is the only territory in Canada that is governed by Inuits or Eskimos?
27. What is the name of the longest highway in Canada?
28. Which two provinces are bordered by the popular Rocky Mountains?
29. Where is the Great Bear Lake located in Canada?
30. What is special about Ishpatina Ridge?
31. What is the name of the biggest bay in Canada?
32. What is the length of the coastline of Canada, also considered to be the longest coastline in the world?
33. Which popular Canadian city lies on the St. Lawrence river?
34. What island is located just off the coast of British Columbia?
Canadian Food Trivia Questions And Answers
35. What’s called Regina-style Pizza in Canada?
36. What is a chix, also called a chicken lobster in Canada?
37. What are the major traditional Canadian foods?
38. The indigenous peoples, country food describes?
39. Due to such things as increasing global demand, this crop now ranks fourth among Canada’s principal field crops?
40. Ginger beef is a popular dish served in Chinese restaurants across Canada. According to Ann Hui’s book Chop Suey Nation, where was it first prepared?
41. The small town of Mundare, Alberta, is home to a roadside attraction said to be:
42. you’ll see a type of burger called a “Fat Boy” on the menu. What is it?
43. Mundare is home to Stawnichy’s Mundare Sausage, a business known for its?
44. Toronto chemist John, came up with a beverage called?
Canadian Music Trivia Questions And Answers
45. Name four Canadian recording artists with Portuguese roots?
46. Before doing away with gender-specific categories, which three female singers won the most Juno Awards?
47. Name two successful recording artists who placed third on different seasons of Canadian Idol?
48. Who was the youngest Canadian female artist to perform on Saturday Night Live and the only one to appear on the show three times?
49. Which two Canadian music stars were married in France on Canada Day in 2012?
50. Who was the first Canadian female solo artist to reach No. 1 on the U.S. charts?
51. Name four Canadian music acts made up entirely of siblings?
52. Name the Juno-winning female country singer who has released 10 albums and had six No. 1 singles?
53. Former Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi was once a member of which music group?
54. What Canadian singer wrote the chart-topping 1969 single “Sugar Sugar” for the virtual band Archie’s?
55. Which Canadian folk singer-songwriter was killed in 1983 in a fire on board an Air Canada jet?
Canadian Pop Culture Trivia Questions And Answers
56. Which popular confectionery store is named after one of Canada’s greatest war heroes?
57. Which Canadian province chooses to opt-out of Daylight Savings Time?
58. What do Canadians mean when they are talking about their ‘Ski-Doo’?
59. Which Canadian was involved in the co-creation of Superman?
60. The annual ranking of Canadian Universities is put out by which magazine?
61. Canada’s passenger train service is known as what?
62. Which now-defunct Canadian department store had the slogan, “the lowest price is the law” at one point?
63. To which rare weather phenomenon does Canada play host?
64. Vancouver has been given its nickname owing to its thriving film industry?
65. Which popular Canadian store stars a beaver as part of its logo?
Canadian Christmas Trivia Questions And Answers
66. Every holiday season, Canadians spend millions on poinsettia plants. Where were they originally grown?
67. Which is considered to be the first Christmas carol based on an Aboriginal language?
68. In 1905, which company sponsored the first Santa Claus Parade in Toronto?
69. Which city is officially known as “The Christmas Capital of Canada”?
70. Which Canadian chain store once featured Give like Santa, Save like Scrooge as its sales slogan during the holiday season?
71. In Labrador, which vegetables are saved from the summer harvest, hollowed out, fitted with a candle and given to children at Christmas?
72. During Christmas in Quebec, a Yuletide tradition is a réveillon. What exactly is it?
73. During the last seven days of December, many of Canada’s Inuit celebrate Christ’s birth. Which of the following is true?
Canadian Thanksgiving Trivia Questions And Answers
74. Thanksgiving celebration in Canada was officially moved to the second Monday of October in which year?
75. What is the name that Quebec uses for Thanksgiving?
76. The first Thanksgiving to be held in Canada can be traced to who?
77. The American Thanksgiving long weekend runs from Thursday to Sunday, whereas the Canadian Thanksgiving runs from?
78. The Canadian Thanksgiving was combined with armistice day from which year?
79. Why is Canadian Thanksgiving earlier than American Thanksgiving?
80. Canadian Thanksgiving is a statutory holiday Except in which locations in Canada?
81. What is the name of the animal that is synonymous with Canadian Thanksgiving?
Do you know there is a place in Canada that mysteriously has less gravity than the rest of the planet? Check out 61 Fascinating Facts About Canada.