Interesting African Trivia Questions And Answers
Africa is the second-largest continent in the world that has many histories and multiple cultures. How well do you know this beautiful continent? Well, this carefully crafted trivia game will help you test that, you will also discover some interesting things about Africa in this trivia game.
1. What is the name of the country that Mercato, one of Africa’s largest open-air markets, is located in?
2. What is the name of the American president who an African country’s capital was named after?
3. The greater part of the Nile flow in which country?
4. The longest African River that flows into the Indian Ocean is called?
5. What are the names of the towns at either end of the Suez Canal?
6. Which place in Africa is known as the crates of the moon?
7. Which part of Africa is Cyrenaica located in?
8. What is the name of the two countries that share the waters of Lake Kariba?
9. The two small countries that are sandwiched by the borders of Uganda and Tanzania?
10. The historical names of the four stretches of coast from Nigeria to Liberia are?
11. What are the names of the Spanish enclaves in North Africa?
12. The name of the island nation that lies between Madagascar and the African Mainland is?
13. The province of South Africa that is known as the Garden Province is?
14. The country where the island of Pemba is located is called?
15. The name of the capital of a country that was formerly used to be called Abyssinia is?
16. The main mineral wealth of South Africa’s economy is mainly composed of?
17. The major city that developed as a consequence of the boom in the Witwatersrand was?
18. Which African country is completely landlocked by South Africa?
19. The name of the Angolan enclave that is sandwiched by Zaire and Congo is?
20. What is the name of the island nation, geographically considered part of Africa, which has an Indian population in the majority?
21. The current most populated African in the whole continent is which country?
22. The country in West Africa that was formerly known as the Gold coast was?
23. The African country that wasn’t colonized by any other was?
24. What is the most spoken language in Africa?
25. What is the name of the place where more than half of the world’s gold is mined?
26. Which country in Africa is the world’s largest producer of cocoa?
27. Which place is the longest wine route in the whole world at over 850kms?
28. Why is Johannesburg in South Africa known as the city of gold in the world?
29. Which location in Africa created the shortest distance between two continents?
30. What is the name of Africa’s deadliest animal because of the death it has caused?
31. How large is the Sahara desert located in Africa?
32. The home of the world’s fastest animal cheetah is?
33. The world’s largest frog 13 inches long named the Goliath frog lives in which country?
34. Between Hollywood and Nigeria Nollywood, which one is bigger?
35. The author of the well-loved Lord of The Rings books, J.R.R Tolkien was born at?
36. Which continent has large numbers of the world’s largest land mammal, an elephant?
37. The pink lake called Lac Rose that became pink as a result of a bacteria is located in which country?
38. The name of the richest country in Africa is?
39. Which continent is the largest producer of oil in the world?
40. The two most popular religions that are practiced in Africa are?
41. What Are the Most nine Spoken Languages in Africa?
42. The name of the largest island in Africa is?
43. The highest point or the tallest mountain in the whole of Africa is?
44. The country that has more pyramids than Egypt is?
45. The smallest country in Africa which is also an island is called?
46. The origin of civilization and written language in the world is?
47. The largest country by landmass in Africa is?
48. What is the total number of protected areas in Africa?
49. The hottest place ever recorded in the world is located in what part of Africa?
50. The name of the poorest country in Africa is?
51. What is the range of the time zones in Africa?
52. What is the number of ethnic tribes that are recognized officially in Africa?
53. The two African countries that weren’t colonized by Europeans were?
54. Why is Lucinda, Angola referred to as the Paris of Africa?
55. The second deadliest battle in the history of the world is?
56. What is the name of the Angolan beauty queen that won the Miss Universe in 2011?
57. Instead of the heart, what is considered the symbol of love in Morocco?
58. Which year did the government of Ghana ban the selling of second-hand underwear?
59. The gemstone Tanzanite was discovered by the Maasai warrior in which century?
60. The movie Blood Diamond, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, had many of its most dramatic scenes shot in?
61. Which country is the Aswan dam located in Africa?
62. What is the name of the country that was called Upper Volta until 1984?
63. What is the former name of the People’s Republic of Benin?
64. What is the name of the Egyptian president who was assassinated in 1981?
65. The name of Zambia’s first president was?
66. Which country in Africa unilaterally declared independence in November 1965?
67. The name of the East African country lies on the equator.
68. What is the name of the volcanic valley that runs from the Sinai peninsula to central Mozambique?
69. .Who was the Egyptian king whose tomb and treasures were discovered in the Valley of the Kings in 1922?
70. What is the name of the British general who was killed at Khartoum in1885?
71. The African country sandwiched betweenGhana and Benin is?
72. The explorer that reached the Cape of Good Hope first was?
73. What is the name of the currency units of Algeria and Tunisia?
74. The Zambezi River and which other river deﬁne the borders of Matabeleland?
75. From which European country did Angola achieve independence in 1975?
76. What is the name of the volcanic valley that runs from the Sinai peninsula to central Mozambique?
77. The founder of the Back to Africa Movement who largely inspired Rastafarianism was?
78. The 100-mile long waterway that links the Mediterranean and the Red Sea is?
79. What is the name of the country that has rand as its currency?
80. The country in which King Hassan II ascended the throne in 1961 was?
81. The narrow stretch of water that separates North Africa from Spain is?
Do you know that In Zambia, you can find termite hills that are quite as large as houses in terms of size? Find out more 60 Fascinating and Fun African Facts