Interesting American Trivia Questions and Answers
The United States of America is often considered the most powerful nation in the world but how vast is your knowledge about the United States? We have carefully crafted these super interesting and educative US trivia questions and answers through extensive research to cover a wide range of topics which include sports, history geography, food, etc. So get ready to answer some fun US trivia questions and click the “Show Answer” to see the right answer to the questions.
American History Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What was the first governing document of the newly created United States, later replaced by the U.S. Constitution?
2. What year were the first enslaved Africans brought to American colonies?
3. How do historians refer to the time period in the 1730s and 1740s when colonists began embracing secular rationalism over religion?
4. Which group left Britain to start their own religious community after becoming dissatisfied with the Protestant Church in England.
5. What founding father was credited with inventing bifocals?
6. Who was the first European to land in North America?
7. How did Indigenous tribes get to America?
8. How long ago do historians estimate the first settlers arrived on what is now American soil?
9. When was the first American currency created?
10. What is the oldest European-founded city in the United States?
America Revolution Trivia Questions and Answers
11. What year was the Constitution of the United States formulated?
12. Who warned the colonial militia that British General Gage was coming?
13. Who was the governor of Massachusetts in the early 1770s who was for an independent American colony?
14. Where were the first battles between the British army and the colonial militia?
15. How many battles were fought during the American Revolution?
16. Who forcibly prevented the distribution of stamps and forced the resignation of the stamp collectors?
17. What document declared the colonies as the free and independent United States of America?
18. What was the incident where British troops fired on a mob, killing five people in Boston, later called?
19. How many American Colonies were there that went to war with Great Britain in the American War of Independence?
20. When did congress order the publication of the Declaration of Independence?
21. What year was the Stamp Act crisis?
America Food Trivia Questions and Answers
22. What are the two items that make up the dish “devils on horseback”?
23. How many cans of soda does the average American consumes in a year?
24. According to a survey, what is the U.S. top family food?
25. Which food was rationed after WWII ended, but not during the war?
26. What is the most often ordered seafood item in restaurants?
27. The most popular meal ordered in US restaurants is what?
28. In Newark it’s illegal to sell what after 6 pm unless a Doctors note is shown?
29. What two ingredients make the dish ‘angels on horseback ‘?
30. What was the first food consumed on the moon in the Apollo 11 moon mission?
31. Condensed Milk was invented by whom?
What is the name of the shortest-serving United States President that died 31 days into his term? Check out the Answer and more 87 Fun USA History Trivia Questions and Answers.
America Geography Trivia Questions and Answers
32. Which US state is the closest to Africa?
33. Which state has the highest population density (people per square mile)?
34. Which popular tourist attraction in Arizona is known for?
35. Which place has 43 buildings with their own zip code?
36. Which U.S. state has the highest number of endangered species?
37. Name the lowest point of the United States?
38. How many US states have a border with Mexico?
39. What is the westernmost state capital in the mainland United States?
40. Name the U.S State nicknamed as “The Land of 10,000 Lakes.”
41. Which US state has the longest coastline?
42. Which two states share borders with eight other states each?
America War Trivia Questions and Answers
43. Which state was the first to set the notion that a state had the right to nullify Federal laws and secede from the Union?
44. What was the first-ever strategic battle plan for the Northern states?
45. Who devised the first-ever plan to win the war with as little bloodshed as possible?
46. What tragedy took place on 14 April 1865, just five days after the surrender of General Robert E. Lee?
47. What marked the beginning of the war?
48. The Republicans led by President Lincoln were fighting morally against what?
49. Who won the election of 1860, which impacted the outcome of the dispute?
50. The US Civil War was one of the deadliest wars in history, do you know how many soldiers died in this war?
51. Can you name the Supreme Commander of the Confederate army in the Siege of Vicksburg?
52. What was a contentious issue contributing to the Civil War?
53. When did the Southern states agree to form a new Federal government, the Confederate States of America?
America Culture Trivia Questions and Answers
54. Which fast-food chain has employed one out of eight Americans?
55. What is the official language of the United States?
56. How much pizza is eaten every day by Americans (in acres)?
57. One in three Americans suffer from this lifestyle disorder. What is it?
58. Which is the only state in which it is illegal for children to smoke?
59. Do Americans have one particular culture?
60. What majorly influences the way an average American dresses?
61. What is the southern style of cooking called in America?
62. How many percent of Christians are there in America?
US State Trivia Questions And Answers
63. What US state is the world’s popcorn capital?
64. Which US state has the only flag that’s not rectangular shaped?
65. 98% of the world’s crayfish come from what state in the US?
66. In what state would you find NASA headquarters?
67. George Washington took the oath of office in what state on April 30, 1789?
68. The world’s first drive-in movie theater was in what two-word state?
69. What state is known as the driest state?
70. The only active diamond mine is located in what state that starts with an A?
71. In what middle American state was Kool-Aid invented?
72. What state was the only in history to turn down the Olympics?
73. What state features the largest production of maple syrup?
USA Olympics Trivia Questions and Answers
74. Which US State did the 1932 Summer Olympics happen in?
75. Which country has bagged the most Olympic medals?
76. Which US city hosted the first modern Olympic Games?
77. What is the name of the first African-American to win a gold medal at the Olympics?
78. Who was the first president of America to declare the Olympics open?
79. The first American to win a gold medal in the Olympics was?
80. The United States Olympic team is composed of how many people?
81. Who is the most decorated male in the United States Olympic team?
Do you know that an estimate of 46 million turkeys is eaten in America during Thanksgiving? Check out more 61 Fascinating Facts About America.