Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Georgia? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Georgia? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Georgia like discovering the city in Georgia Coca-Cola was invented.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Georgia Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Georgia, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Georgia is known for producing what kind of fruit?
2. Which city was the capital of Georgia during the U.S. Civil War?
3. What was the first place outside of Asia to house whale sharks located in Georgia?
Answer- Georgia Aquarium
4. What does the word “Okefenokee” mean in the language of the Seminoles?
Answer- Land of the Trembling Earth
5. What date was Georgia admitted into statehood?
Answer- January 2, 1788
6. What is the largest city in Georgia?
7. The Indians who first inhabited Jekyll Island were the__________?
8. What is the county seat of Fulton County?
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. What popular restaurant sits at the corner of Highway 120 and U.S. 41 in Marietta?
Answer- The Big Chicken
10. Who was Georgia named for?
Answer- King George II
11. How many states border Georgia?
12. What coastal city was the original capital of Georgia?
13. In Georgia what animal may not be kept in a bathtub?
14. The Guale Indians referred to the island as________?
15. What is Georgia’s state bird?
Answer- Brown Thrasher
16. Who was elected mayor of Atlanta in 2001?
Answer- Shirley Franklin
17. Who is the first US President from the state of Georgia?
Answer- Jimmy Carter
18. Where can you see giant pandas, as well as one of the largest gorilla populations in North America?
Answer- Zoo Atlanta
19. How many counties are in Georgia?
20. What is the county seat of Floyd County?
21. What is the state flower?
Answer- Cherokee Rose
22. In what Georgia city is it illegal to throw rocks at birds?
23. What Georgia city did the British capture in a surprise attack on December 29, 1778?
24. What is the name of the earliest known European settlement in Georgia?
Answer- Santa Catalina
25. Which county is Atlanta in?
26. Which Georgia city is called the second-oldest city in the U.S.?
Answer- St Marys
27. The Globe, located at DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road, was once a storage tank for what?
28. Which type of vehicle is the most registered type in Georgia?
Answer- Passenger Vehicles
29. What street separates East from West in downtown and midtown Savannah, Georgia?
Answer- Bull Street
30. Geographically, what is the smallest county in Georgia?
31. What is Georgia’s highest point?
Answer- Brasstown Bald
32. In Atlanta, it is illegal to tie a ________ to a telephone pole.
33. Where is the Master’s Golf Tournament played each year?
34. What is the state reptile?
Answer- Gopher Tortoise
35. Which Atlanta university is consistently ranked among the top ten in the nation for its College of Engineering?
Answer- Georgia Tech
36. Which Georgia city is known as the Carpet Capital of the World?
37. Which Georgia city was the site of the first United States gold rush in 1828?
38. The southwest end of the Colonial Park Cemetery has a clearing that was once used for what?
39. In what Georgia city was Coca-Cola invented?
40. How many stars are on the Georgia flag?
41. In the US, what rank is Georgia in terms of land area?
42. In which Georgia city can you tour Franklin D. Roosevelt’s “Little White House”?
Answer- Warm Springs
43. What is the state mineral?
44. In what central Georgia town was Coca-Cola inventor John Pemberton born?
45. What’s the name of the NHL team that played in Atlanta’s Philips Arena?
46. What the machine was invented by Eli Whitney to aid the local plantation owners?
Answer- The Cotton Gin
47. Located downtown, this studio center is the headquarters of one of the first worldwide cable news operations. What network is it?
48. How many cities have served as capitals of Georgia?
49. What is the name of Atlanta’s “Main Street”?
Answer- Peachtree Street
50. What city in Georgia shares the same name as a city in Greece?
51. In Savannah’s early days, which religious group was banned from Savannah?
Hope you enjoyed these Georgia Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers