Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Hawaii? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Hawaii? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Hawaii like the largest pineapple maze in the world.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Hawaii Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Hawaii, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the capital of Hawaii?
2. How long have people inhabited Hawaii?
Answer- Since 400 C.E
3. What is the name of the only statewide cultural festival?
Answer- Aloha Festivals.
4. What percentage of the state’s national birds are now extinct?
5. In Hawaii What can be shipped without the use of any packaging?
6. What is The Dole Plantation?
Answer- The largest pineapple maze in the world.
7. In what ocean is Hawaii located?
Answer- Pacific Ocean
8. What is Hawaii’s state flower?
Answer- Yellow Hibiscus
9. What is the official name of Big Island?
10. On which island is the Volcanoes National Park?
Answer- Big Island
11. What is Hawaii’s nickname?
Answer- The Aloha State
12. What are the official languages of Hawaii?
Answer- English, and Hawaiian
13. When did Hawaii join the union?
14. Which US President was born in Hawaii?
Answer- Barack Obama
15. On which Hawaiian island can you find Haleakalā crater?
16. By law, no building on Kauai can be taller than what?
Answer- Palm tree
17. What type of dance was born in Hawaii?
18. Parts of Jurassic Park & Jurassic World were filmed in Hawaii.
19. When is King Kamehameha Day?
Answer- 11th of June
20. How many letters are there in the Hawaiian alphabet?
21. What is the other name given to a Hawaiian owl?
22. Which time zone is Hawaii in?
Answer- Hawaiian Standard Time
23. Hawaii only has one native land mammal known as?
Answer- Hawaiian hoary bat
24. What was the home of Hawaii’s last reigning monarchs?
Answer- Iolani Palace
25. Gambling is illegal in Hawaii. True or False?
26. What is Kauai’s designated color?
27. What is the tallest mountain in Hawaii
Answer- Mauna Kea
28. In size, where does Hawaii rank among the US States?
29. What is the official Hawaiian state marine mammal?
Answer- Hawaiian monk seals
30. In agriculture, Hawaii is the only state that grows the world’s sweetest _________
31. How many times did Captain James Cook visit the Hawaiian Islands?
Answer- 3 times
32. Hawaii is the only U.S. state not located in the what?
Answer- North America.
33. What is the name of the official Hawaiian fish?
Answer- Reef triggerfish
34. What is Hawaii’s record low temperature?
Answer- 52 °F
35. What is the official Hawaiian State sport?
Answer- outrigger canoe paddling
36. The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park includes which active volcano?
37. Hawaii and what other US state are the only two states that do not observe daylight saving time?
38. In what year was Hawaii annexed by the United States as a territory?
39. What is the major commercial airport in Hawaii?
Answer- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport
40. What does “Honolulu” mean?
Answer- sheltered harbor
41. How many of the islands that make up Hawaii are represented on the state flag?
42. Who wrote the novel “Hawaii,”.
Answer- James Michener
43. What is Hawaii’s area code?
44. This explorer was killed by natives on the island of Hawaii in 1779.
Answer- James Cook
45. Which Island has the largest population?
46. How many counties does Hawaii have?
47. What is Hawaii’s state bird?
48. Pearl Harbor is located on which Hawaiian island?
49. What is the name of the Hawaiian flowered necklace?
50. What is the home of the goddess Pele according to the legend?
51. What is on the top left-hand corner of Hawaii’s flag?
Answer- Union Jack (UK flag)
Hope you enjoyed these Hawaii Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers