Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Idaho? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Idaho? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Idaho like the oldest building in Idaho.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Idaho Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Idaho, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the Idaho state tree?
Answer- The Western White Pine.
2. What Canadian province does Idaho share a border with?
Answer- British Columbia
3. Where does Idaho rank in size among the states?
Answer- 14th (largest)
4. What is the capital of Idaho?
5. Where is the Gorge in the united state?
Answer- Hells Canyon
6. Where does Idaho get most of the energy that it consumes?
Answer- Imported from another state
7. What is the Idaho state bird?
Answer- The Mountain Bluebird
8. How does Idaho rank as far as a population with the other states?
Answer- It’s the 39th most populous
9. What are the state’s residents called?
10. Idaho has the world’s largest factory for “what”?
Answer- Barrel cheese
11. What is the Idaho state fish?
Answer- The Cutthroat trout
12. Where is Idaho State University suited?
13. What are Idaho’s two major airports?
Answer- Boise Airport, and the Spokane International Airport
14. What is Idaho’s highest point?
Answer- Borah Peak
15. Idaho is sometimes referred to as__________ State?
Answer- Potato State
16. On what date was Idaho admitted to the Union?
Answer- On July 3, 1890
17. How many counties does Idaho have?
18. What is the state motto for Idaho?
Answer- “Let it be forever”
19. What is the Idaho State Gem?
Answer- Idaho star garnet
20. How many US states does Idaho border?
21. Which two states are to the west of Idaho?
Answer- Washington and Oregon
22. What is Idaho’s nickname?
Answer- The Gem State
23. What is the Idaho state horse?
Answer- The Appaloosa.
24. Who supplies most of the natural gas used in Idaho?
Answer- Washington Dc
25. What is the largest lake in Idaho?
Answer- Lake Pend Oreille
26. Who designed Idaho’s seal?
Answer- Emma Edwards Green
27. How many time zones does Idaho have?
28. What separates Idaho from Canada?
Answer- 49th parallel north
29. Where is Idaho’s lowest point at 710 ft?
Answer- Snake River near Lewiston town
30. Idaho state’s second-largest city?
31. Where in Idaho was the world’s first chairlift installed in 1936?
Answer- Proctor Mountain two miles from Sun Valley
32. Idaho produces what percent of potatoes in the United States?
33. What has become the largest single economic center in Idaho with over 25% of the state’s total revenue?
Answer- Science and technology
34. Boise is the home of Micron Technology, the only U.S. manufacturer of what?
Answer- Dynamic random access memory (DRAM) chips.
35. What is Idaho’s state fossil?
Answer- Hagerman horse
36. The largest community in Boise in the US?
37. Which explorers put Idaho territory “on the map”?
Answer- Lewis and Clark
38. Which famous route brought settlers to Idaho?
Answer- The Oregon Trail
39. Idaho is served by how many transcontinental railroads?
40. What is the longest river in Idaho?
Answer- Salmon River
41. During the Gold Rush of the 1800s which minority group comprised 1/4 of Idaho’s total population?
42. What is the Source of the Salmon River?
Answer- Sawtooth Range
43. What is the Idaho state amphibian?
Answer- Eastern Tiger Salamander
44. What was the first university in Idaho, founded in 1889?
Answer- the University of Idaho in Moscow
45. Who is the current governor of Idaho?
Answer- Brad Little
46. This 1980 film starring Clint Eastwood was filmed in the Treasure Valley.
Answer- Bronco Billy
47. What is the Idaho state song?
Answer- Here We Have Idaho
48. Idaho is mountainous and is bigger than what region?
Answer- New England
49. What state borders Idaho in the south?
50. Who designed the Idaho state flag?
Answer- Emma Edwards-Greene
51. What is the oldest building in Idaho?
Answer- The Mission of the Sacred Heart
Hope you enjoyed these Idaho Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers