Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Iowa? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Iowa? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Iowa like where the world’s largest (man-made) strawberry is located in Iowa.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Iowa Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Iowa, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. In what Iowa town is the Hobo Museum located?
2. Des Moines, Iowa, lies at the confluence of which two rivers?
Answer- Des Moines River and Raccoon River
3. What is Iowa’s nickname?
Answer- The Hawkeye State
4. In which city would you find Iowa State University?
5. In what year was the Iowa state flower, the wild rose, chosen?
6. How many states border Iowa?
7. Who was the governor of Iowa in 2000?
Answer- Tom Vilsack
8. Known for the Iowa Old Capitol Building, Iowa City is located in what county of Iowa?
Answer- Johnson County
9. Where in Iowa is the world’s largest (man-made) strawberry?
Answer- Strawberry Point
10. How did Zearing get its name?
Answer- A judge from Chicago
11. What is unusual about the town of Sabula, Iowa?
Answer- it’s situated on an island
12. What is the nickname of Iowa’s Arena League football team?
13. Which Iowa county is the largest in the area?
Answer- Kossuth County
14. What part of Iowa was first settled?
15. What is the name of Iowa’s famous African-American opera singer.
Answer- Simon Estes
16. Iowa is a leading producer of what crop?
Answer- corn and soybeans
17. In production, where does Iowa rank in corn and soybeans?
18. What is Iowa’s state bird?
Answer- Eastern Goldfinch
19. In what county is the largest city?
20. When did Iowa become a state?
21. The World’s Largest Concrete Gnome is located in what town?
22. Who was the President of the United States when Iowa entered the Union?
Answer- James Knox Polk
23. Which rivers form the east and west borders of Iowa?
Answer- Mississippi, Big Sioux, and Missouri
24. What part of Iowa was last settled?
25. How many Iowa towns begin with a “z”?
26. What is Iowa’s capital city?
Answer- Des Moines
27. Which president was born in West Branch, Iowa?
Answer- Herbert Hoover
28. What is the state flower?
Answer- Wild Rose
29. What river marks the eastern border of Iowa?
30. How many counties are there in Iowa?
31. The Cedar River flows for over 300 miles through Iowa and what other state?
32. What famous artist painted the picture “American Gothic”?
Answer- Grant Wood
33. Who were the first Europeans to visit the area that would become Des Moines?
Answer- The French
34. What county is Zearing in?
35. Which Broadway musical is set in Iowa?
Answer- State Fair
36. What is Iowa’s state bird?
Answer- Eastern Goldfinch
37. Which well-known actor was born in Winterset, Iowa?
Answer- John Wayne
38. The oldest working Danish windmill in the United States is in Elk Horn, Iowa. What year was it built?
39. In the town of Audubon, you can see Albert, the world’s largest …?
40. What state came into the Union as a slave state before Iowa could come into the Union as a free state?
41. What is the largest Iowa County?
42. What is Iowa’s state rock?
43. The famous Butter Cow Statue in Toledo, Iowa is located under what kind of tree?
44. In which Iowa town did the 1959 plane crash occur which killed Buddy Holly, the “Big Bopper”, and Ritchie Valens?
Answer- Clear Lake
45. There are two states that border Iowa to the west. What are those two states?
Answer- Nebraska & South Dakota
46. what is the smallest county in Iowa?
47. What is Iowa’s state song?
Answer- Song of Iowa
48. Where did Iowa’s first school open in 1830?
Answer- Lee county
49. What town in Iowa is known as the Barn Quilt Capital of the World?
Answer- Sac City
50. The University of Iowa has won at least one national championship in which sport?
51. The Iowa Speedway is found in what town?
Hope you enjoyed these Iowa Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers