Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Michigan? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Michigan? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Michigan.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Michigan Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Michigan, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Michigan is a state made up of how many peninsulas?
Answer – two peninsulas
2. How many national parks does Michigan state have?
Answer – 1
3. The capital of the state of Michigan is __________?
Answer – Lansing
4. What is the biggest city in Michigan?
Answer – Detroit
5. What are people who live in Michigan called?
Answer – Michiganders
6. What is the meaning of the word “Michigan”?
Answer – large water
7. What is Michigan’s official motto?
Answer – if you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.
8. What is the nickname of Michigan?
Answer – the great lakes state
9. What is the largest island in Michigan?
Answer – Lake Superior
10. Who was the first woman to become governor of Michigan State?
Answer – Jennifer M. Granholm
11. How many state parks does Michigan have?
Answer – 101
12. On what island is the use of vehicles prohibited?
Answer – Mackinac Island
13. What region of the United States is Michigan in?
Answer – The Midwest
14. What is the largest state park in Michigan state?
Answer – Porcupine Mountains Wilderness
15. How many lighthouses are there in Michigan?
Answer – 129
16. How many landmarks are there in Michigan state?
Answer – 43
17. What city in Michigan state can be called the automobile capital of the world?
Answer – Detroit
18. Who founded the Boeing aircraft company in Michigan?
Answer – William.E.Boeing
19. Baby food was first manufactured by Daniel Frank Gerber of Fremont in which year?
Answer – 1927
20. The largest crucifix in the world can be located where?
Answer – Indian River, Michigan
21. Which city can the largest quarry be found in Michigan state?
Answer – Rogers city
22. What was the lowest temperature ever recorded in Michigan’s history?
Answer – -51 Fahrenheit
23. What was the highest temperature ever recorded in Michigan’s history?
Answer – 112 Fahrenheit
24. Who were the first Europeans to visit Michigan?
Answer – the French
25. What was the population of the largest native tribe in Michigan Called Ojibwe?
Answer – 30,000 at the time of contact
26. In what year was the first mission established?
Answer – 1679
27. In which year did the French surrender Fort Pontchartrain to the British?
Answer – 1760
28. In which year was the Michigan territory created?
Answer – 1817
29. When did Michigan join the Union becoming the 26th state to do so?
Answer – 1837
30. In what year was the death penalty abolished in Michigan state?
Answer – 1846
31. Which city started using phone numbers first in Michigan state?
Answer – Detroit
32. Which city was the world’s first concrete paved road completed in 1908?
33. In what year was the first radio police system established by the Michigan state police?
Answer – 1929
34. In what year did non-native Americans obtain the right to vote in Michigan?
Answer – 1948
35. What is the population of people in Michigan?
Answer – approximately 10 million people
36. The last known living wolverine in Michigan was discovered in what year?
Answer – 2004
37. The largest oil spill in Michigan was recorded in what year?
Answer – 2010
38. In what year did Michigan state declare bankruptcy?
Answer – 2013
39. What is the population percentage of blacks in Michigan?
Answer – 13.7 %
40. What is the population percentage of Asians in Michigan?
Answer – 2.8 %
41. How many counties are there in Michigan?
Answer – 83
42. The state’s official bird of Michigan is _________?
Answer – robin
43. The state’s official flower is ______?
Answer – apple blossom
44. What is the official state fish?
Answer – brook trout
45. The state’s official tree is _______?
Answer – the white pine
46. The first air-conditioned car was invented in Michigan in which year?
Answer – 1939
47. In what year was the Mowtown records founded in Detroit?
Answer – 1959
48. Who were the inventors of cornflakes in the year 1898?
Answer – Kellogg brothers
49. How many miles of streams does Michigan have?
Answer – 36,000 miles
50. How many lakes does the state of Michigan have?
Answer – 11,000 inland lakes
Hope you enjoyed these Michigan Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers