Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of New York? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about New York? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about New York like ” the man who invented toilet paper in New York“.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult New York Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of New York, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What were the original colors of the yellow cab in New York?
Answer – Red and green
2. In what year did New York adopt the official colors of the cab?
Answer – 1912
3. How many languages are currently used in New York?
Answer – 800
4. In what year was New York established as America’s first capital?
Answer – 1790
5. The bridge that connects Upper Manhattan to New Jersey is named after which American President?
Answer- George Washington
6. What is the zip code for the Empire state building?
Answer – 10118
7. What nickname is often used to describe Staten Island?
Answer- The Forgotten Borough
8. Who is the man who invented toilet paper in New York?
Answer – Joseph C. Gayetty
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. What is the name of the sculptor that named the statue of liberty in New York?
Answer – Frederic Auguste Bartholdi
10. Which two New York City boroughs are part of Long Island?
Answer- Brooklyn and Queens
11. In what year was the first pizzeria opened in New York?
Answer – 1905
12. What is the name of the first state park in New York?
Answer – Niagara falls
13. What was the name of JFK International Airport just prior to 1963?
Answer- Idlewild Airport
14. In what year was the statue of liberty erected in New York?
Answer – 1886
15. What is the name of the oldest building in New York?
Answer – Wyckoff farmhouse
16. Who were the first Europeans to settle in New York?
Answer – The Dutch
17. How many boroughs does New York have?
Answer – 5
18. The major sports arena located in the Bronx is ____________.
Answer- Yankee Stadium
19. What is the largest hospital in Brooklyn?
Answer- Kings County Hospital
20. Where was the Titanic supposed to dock, had she not sunk on her maiden voyage?
Answer- Chelsea Piers
21. The Holocaust Museum can be found in which park?
Answer- Battery park
22. In what year did New York be the first state to require automobile license plates
Answer – 1901
23. The Statue of Liberty is located on which island?
Answer- Liberty Island
24. How many trees does it take to print a Sunday edition of the New York times?
Answer – 75,000
25. Which bridge is the first in New York to be lit with electricity?
Answer – Brooklyn Bridge
26. How many hours will it take to navigate the subway system in New York?
Answer – 24 hours
27. What is the tallest building in New York?
Answer – World Trade Center
28. How many art galleries does New York have?
Answer – 500
29. What is the name of the large convention center on the West Side of Manhattan, which opened in 1986?
Answer- Jacob Javits Center
30. What is the capital of New York state?
Answer – Albany
31. Who was the Hudson River named after in New York?
Answer – Henry Hudson
32. What is the name of the biggest park in New York?
Answer – Adirondack park
33. How many constitutions does New York have?
Answer – 4
34. In what year was America’s first chess tournament held in New York?
Answer – 1843
35. What is the tallest single-drop waterfall in New York?
Answer – Taughannock Falls
36. In what year was New York’s railway station construction completed?
Answer – 1913
37. What is the oldest bridge in New York?
Answer – Hyde Hall bridge
38. Who is the greatest mayor ever in New York history?
Answer – Fiorello La Guardia
39. Harvard University is located in New York City. True or False?
40. How many counties can be found in New York?
Answer – 62
41. What is the largest city in New York?
Answer – New York City
42. When was the first subway line in New York opened?
Answer – 1904
43. What is the name of the oldest amusement park in New York?
44. How many visitors are attracted by central park annually?
Answer – 40 million
45. Who is the mayor of New York?
Answer – Bill de Blasio
46. What can people living in New York be called?
Answer – New Yorker
47. How many Islands does the state of New York have?
Answer – 3
48. Since 1923, when Yankee Stadium was built, how many other Major League Baseball parks have existed within New York City?
49. In what year was the Wyckoff farmhouse established in New York?
Answer – 1652
50. In December 2010, the Queensboro Bridge was renamed after which New York City mayor?
Answer- Ed Koch
51. The tallest structure in Manhattan’s Chinatown has 44 stories. Which famous Chinese person is it named after?
Hope you enjoyed these New York Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply