Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of North Carolina? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about North Carolina? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about North Carolina like “the longest hiking trail in the world located in North Carolina“.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult North Carolina Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of North Carolina, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is the population of people living in North Carolina?
Answer – 10.7 million
2. What is the capital of North Carolina?
Answer – Raleigh
3. What is the largest city in North Carolina?
Answer – Charlotte city
4. What is the nickname of the North Carolina state?
Answer – The Tar Heel state
5. What is the state’s tourism slogan?
Answer – First in Flight
6. What are people who live in North Carolina called?
Answer – North Carolinians
7. What is the natural gemstone always occurring in North Carolin?
Answer – Emerald
8. What is the state motto of North Carolina?
Answer – to be rather heard than to be seen
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. When was the first gold discovered in North Carolina?
Answer – 1799
10. How many national parks does North Carolina have?
Answer – 1
11. What is the first gold mine in North Carolina?
Answer – Reed Gold mine
12. What is the longest hiking trail in the world located in North Carolina?
Answer – Appalachian trail
13. How many state parks can be found in North Carolina
Answer – 35
14. How many historic monuments can be found in North Carolina
Answer – 39
15. What is the name of the tallest lighthouse in North Carolina?
Answer – Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
16. Who owns the Charlotte hornets in North Carolina?
Answer – Michael Jordan
17. What is the highest point in North Carolina?
Answer – Mount Mitchell
18. In what year was Pepsi – cola invented in New Bern?
Answer – 1893
19. What is the name of the world’s famous donut company in North Carolina?
Answer – Krispy Kreme
20. Who invented the Vicks VapoRub in North Carolina?
Answer – Lunsford Richardson
21. In what year was the University of North Carolina established?
Answer – 1789
22. Who is the first European to arrive in North Carolina?
Answer – Hernando de Soto
23. Who is the first European to permanently settle in North Carolina?
Answer – Nathanial Batts
24. In what year did the building of the first state’s town Bath was erected?
Answer – 1655
25. In what year was the pirate Blackbeard killed off on the coast of North Carolina?
26. In what year did North Carolina join the union?
Answer – 1789
27. Greensboro is the seat of which North Carolina county?
Answer – Guilford
28. Raleigh became North Carolina’s capital in 1792. Which city served as the capital immediately before it was moved to Raleigh?
Answer – New Bern
29. What is the state’s official flower?
Answer – Flowering dogwood
30. Charlotte is located in which North Carolina county?
31. How many campuses are named “The University of North Carolina?
32. Who is North Carolina named after?
Answer: King Charles I
33. Wilmington is home to which World War II battleship?
Answer: U.S.S. North Carolina
34. What was the name of the island on which Sir Walter Raleigh established a colony on?
Answer: Roanoke islands
35. North Carolina is bordered to the north by what state?
36. Which governor introduced the Carolina Fund in 1960?
Answer – Governor Sanford
37. Who was responsible for the bombing at the 1996 summer Olympics?
Answer – Eric Robert
38. What is the States official bird?
Answer – Cardinal
39. What is the state’s official fish?
Answer – Red drum
40. What is the state’s official mammal?
Answer – Eastern grey squirrel
41. What’s the state’s official fossil?
Answer – Megalodon teeth
42. What’s the state’s official Rock?
Answer – Rock
43. What is the lowest point in North Carolina?
Answer – Atlantic ocean
44. How many tribes can be found in North Carolina?
Answer – 9
45. In what year did North Carolina become a Colony?
Answer – 1729
46. What is the state’s official food?
Answer – Scuppernong
47. What is the States official gemstone?
Answer – Emerald
48. What is the state’s official insect?
Answer – Western honey bee
49. What are the state’s official colors?
Answer – Red and blue
50. What is the state’s official mineral?
Answer – Gold
Hope you enjoyed these North Carolina Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers