Are you ready to test how well you know Ireland? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Ireland? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Ireland.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Ireland Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Ireland, some you will know others you will be happy to find out. Check out 51 United Kingdom (UK) Trivia Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following is the oldest castle in Northern Ireland?
a. Dunluce Castle.
b. Carrickfergus Castle.
c. Killyleagh Castle.
Answer: Killyleagh Castle.
2. In what year was the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge erected?
3. Which of the following is the largest forest in Northern Ireland?
a. Glenariff Forest Park.
b. Clare Glen Woodland.
c. Conagher Forest.
Answer: Conagher Forest.
4. The tallest building in Northern Ireland is __.
a. Capital Deck.
b. Obel Tower.
c. The EXO.
Answer: Obel Tower.
5. Northern Ireland is made up of how many counties?
6. Which is the largest island in Northern Ireland?
a. Rathlin Island.
b. Boa Island.
c. Island Hill.
Answer: Rathlin Island.
7. What is the highest peak of Northern Ireland called?
a. Slieve Binnian.
b. Slieve Commedagh.
c. Slieve Donard.
Answer: Slieve Donard.
8. Which is the official national anthem of Northern Ireland?
a. God save the Queen.
c. None of the above.
Answer: None of the above.
9. Which group of people erected the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge?
10. Which is the largest lake in Northern Ireland?
a. Lough Derg.
b. Lough Neagh.
c. Lower Lough Erne.
Answer: Lough Neagh.
11. Who is the patron saint of Northern Ireland?
a. Saint David.
b. Saint Patrick.
c. Saint Brigid.
Answer: Saint Patrick.
12. Which agreement ended the last war of Northern Ireland?
a. The Holy Thursday agreement.
b. The Good Friday agreement.
c. The Easter Sunday agreement.
Answer: The Good Friday agreement.
13. What is the currency of Northern Ireland?
b. Pound Sterling.
c. Irish pound.
Answer: Pound Sterling.
14. How many official languages are used in Northern Ireland?
15. One of the following is the largest river in Northern Ireland.
a. River Blackwater.
b. River Bann.
c. River Erne.
Answer: River Bann.
16. Which is not among the official languages of Northern Ireland?
17. The last war of Northern Ireland lasted for how many years?
a. 20 years.
b. 30 years.
c. 10 years.
Answer: 30 years.
18. In what year did Bloody Sunday happen?
19. Who was the first female president of Northern Ireland?
a. Marian McAleese.
b. Mary McAleese.
c. Maria McAleese.
Answer: Mary McAleese.
20. What is the capital of Northern Ireland?
21. The last war of Northern Ireland is known as ____.
a. The Anglo-Irish war.
b. The Scottish-Irish war.
c. The Troubles.
Answer: The Troubles.
22. The currency used in Northern Ireland is called ____.
b. Pound Irish.
c. Pound sterling.
Answer: Pound sterling.
23. How many civilians were killed during the Bloody Sunday protest?
24. Which is the oldest university in Northern Ireland?
a. Queen’s University Belfast.
b. Ulster University Magee Campus.
c. Union Theological College.
Answer: Queen’s University Belfast.
25. What is another name attributed to Northern Ireland?
26. When was the Anglo-Irish agreement signed?
27. Which is the major religion of Northern Ireland?
28. The major food product of Northern Ireland is ___.
a. Dairy products.
Answer: Dairy products.
29. Northern Ireland is in which continent?
30. Does Northern Ireland have its own national official flag?
31. In which Northern Ireland city did Bloody Sunday take place?
32. The patron saint of Northern Ireland was born in which country?
33. Which of the following is the major export partner of Northern Ireland?
a. United States.
c. European Union.
Answer: European Union.
34. The major export of Northern Ireland is ___.
b. Machinery and transport equipment.
c. Food and live animals.
Answer: Machinery and transport equipment.
35. Which of these flags is often used to represent Northern Ireland?
b. Union flag.
c. Red dragon.
Answer: Union flag.
36. What is the dialing code of Northern Ireland?
37. Which of these time zones is used in Northern Ireland?
38. The major import partner of Northern Ireland is ____.
b. European Union.
c. United Kingdom.
Answer: European Union.
39. In Northern Ireland, the driving side is on the ___.
a. Right-hand side.
b. Left-hand side.
c. None of the above.
Answer: Right-hand side.
40. Who was the first prime minister of Northern Ireland?
a. John Miller Andrews.
b. James Craig.
c. Sean Thomas Okelly.
Answer: James Craig.
41. Which of these is the national flower of Northern Ireland?
42. Which is the largest airport in Northern Ireland?
a. City of Derry Airport.
b. Belfast International Airport.
c. George Best Belfast City Airport.
Answer: Belfast International Airport.
43. Which of the following is the largest container port in Northern Ireland?
a. Warrenpoint Port.
b. Belfast Port.
c. Ardglass Port.
Answer: Belfast Port.
44. Which of these is not a county of Northern Ireland?
45. The major import of Northern Ireland is ___.
c. Packaged medicaments.
46. What is the approximate length of Northern Ireland’s coastline?
a. 7,530 km.
b. 7,540 km.
c. 7,520 km.
Answer: 7,520 km.
47. The largest library in Northern Ireland is ____.
a. Belfast Central Library.
b. National Library of Northern Ireland.
c. Northern Ireland Central Library.
Answer: Belfast Central Library.
48. Which is the largest museum in Northern Ireland?
a. Ulster Folk Museum.
b. Ulster Museum.
c. National Museums of Northern Ireland.
Answer: Ulster Museum.
49. Is there a Titanic museum in Northern Ireland?
50. ____ is the largest county in Northern Ireland.
51. What is the official name of Northern Ireland?
a. Republic of Ireland.
b. Northern Ireland.
c. Ireland Republic.
Answer: Northern Ireland.
I hope you enjoyed these Northern Ireland Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 71 Interesting Europe Trivia Questions and Answers. Also, check out more Country Trivia questions at https://www.funsided.com/category/country-trivia/