Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Oregon? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Oregon? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Oregon like “the first National Park in Oregon”.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Oregon Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Oregon, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. Where are the oldest known human dwellings in the state of Oregon?
Answer- Fort Rock Cave and the Paisley Caves
2. What are the two rivers that flow through or next to Portland?
Answer- Willamette and Columbia
3. The city of Portland was officially incorporated on what date?
Answer- February 8, 1851,
4. In Which town will you find a giant caveman statue?
Answer- Grants Pass
5. What is the airport code for Portland?
6. Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo discovered what part of Oregon in 1543?
Answer- Southern Oregon off the Pacific Coast
7. In this town, you can find a Shakespearian theatre.
8. What bridge is located between Chinatown and the Rose Quarter in Portland?
Answer- Steel Bridge
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. What is the state nickname?
Answer- The Beaver State
10. What’s the name of the first National Park in Oregon?
Answer- Crater Lake National Park
11. What is the name of the mountain which exploded approximately 7000 years ago creating Crater Lake?
Answer- Mt. Mazama
12. What’s the state capital of Oregon?
13. What is Oregon’s state flower?
Answer- Oregon grape
14. What mountain range runs north-south through the center of Oregon?
Answer- The Cascades
15. What is the name of this bookstore that boasts 1.6 acres of retail space and over four million books for sale?
Answer- Powell’s City of Books
16. What year did the Lewis and Clark Expedition actually arrive within the present-day boundary of the state of Oregon?
17. What is Oregon’s state mammal?
18. What is Portland’s tallest building?
Answer- Wells Fargo Center
19. What is the highest mountain in Oregon?
Answer- Mount Hood
20. What is the Oregon Zoo best known for?
Answer- It’s an elephant breeding program
21. What is the name of the Western Hockey League team that plays in Portland?
Answer- Portland Winterhawks
22. What is the state fish?
Answer- Chinook salmon
23. Which Oregon city is home to the well-known catalog gift company Harry and David?
24. What is the highest point of the Siskiyou Mountains in southern Oregon?
Answer- Mount Ashland
25. What is the Oregon state bird?
Answer- Western Meadowlark
26. What river comprises most of the northern border between Oregon and Washington?
Answer- Columbia River
27. What is the name of the river that forms the NE border of Oregon with the state of Idaho?
Answer- Snake River
28. Name the Oregon college baseball team that won consecutive College World Series Championships in 2006 and 2007.
Answer- Oregon State Beavers
29. What is the light rail in Portland called?
30. What is the name of the annual celebration held in Portland in the late spring?
Answer- Rose Festival
31. What city is not a deep water port in Oregon?
32. What is the name of the waterfall that is the tallest in Oregon and the second tallest in the United States?
Answer- Multnomah Falls
33. What is Oregon’s state rock?
34. What is the nickname for Portland?
Answer- Rose City
35. What is the state nut?
36. Until 1974, the area where Tom McCall Waterfront Park in Portland is currently located, was what?
Answer- Harbor Drive
37. What is the name of the river that runs north and south through Portland?
38. What is the NBA team in Portland?
Answer- Trail Blazers
39. What 3 US states made up the Original Oregon Territory?
Answer- Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
40. What is the name of the state song?
Answer- “Oregon, My Oregon”
41. How many counties does Orgeon have?
42. Where is Oregon’s geographic center?
Answer- Crook County
43. What is Oregon’s official state beverage?
44. How would you refer to a person from Oregon?
45. Who is known as the Father of Oregon?
Answer- John McLoughlin
46. Who is known as the Mother of Oregon?
Answer- Tabitha Moffat Brown
47. According to the US National Park Service, how many National Parks are in Oregon?
48. Where does Oregon rank in craft breweries per capita?
Answer- 2nd nationally
49. Oregon became the first U.S. state to legalize what in 1994?
Answer- Physician-assisted suicide.
50. The Oregon University System supports how many public universities?
Answer- Seven and one affiliate.
51. There are two packs of gray wolves living in what part of the state?
Hope you enjoyed these Oregon Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply