Are you ready to test how well you know the U.S. State of Pennsylvania? or Do you want to have fun learning some interesting and uncommon facts about Pennsylvania? We got you, as these fact-filled trivia questions will expose you to many fascinating facts about Pennsylvania like “the writing instrument was invented in Philadelphia“.
Be ready for fun, as we have lined up easy and difficult Pennsylvania Trivia questions that will expose you to the culture, geography, politics, and history of the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, some you will know others you will be happy to find out.
1. What is Pennsylvania’s nickname?
Answer- The Keystone State
2. What does Pennsylvania mean?
Answer- Penns Woods
3. What is the state animal?
Answer- White-Tailed Deer
4. What is Pennsylvania’s most valuable mineral?
5. How many counties are in Pennsylvania?
6. What is Pennsylvania’s motto?
Answer- Virtue, Liberty & Independence
7. How does Pennsylvania rank in size among the 50 states?
Answer- 33rd largest
8. How many state parks are there in Pennsylvania?
Do you know you can make money through Gossiping? CLICK HERE To Discover How
9. Where is the oldest gas station in the United States located?
Answer- Altoona, PA
10. The first US coast-to-coast highway in the US was?
Answer- Route 30
11. What year did Pennsylvania become a state?
12. What is the highest point in Pennsylvania?
Answer- Mount Davis
13. What is the lowest elevation in Pennsylvania?
Answer- Delaware River
14. How long is a Pennsylvania Governor elected for?
Answer- 4 years
15. Who was the only US President from Pennsylvania?
Answer- James Buchanan
16. What is the state beverage?
17. What is the name of the river at the state capital?
18. How many senators does Pennsylvania have?
19. What are the state colors?
Answer- Blue & Gold
20. In Pennsylvania how old must you be to vote?
21. Where is the oldest golf course in America?
22. Pennsylvania is officially called a?
23. What state is located directly north of Pennsylvania?
Answer- New York
24. Who was Pennsylvania’s only woman governor?
Answer- Hanna Penn
25. What is the second-largest city in Pennsylvania?
26. What two states are located West of Pennsylvania?
Answer- West Virginia & Ohio
27. What is the state fish?
Answer- Brook Trout
28. What state in the US has the most covered bridges?
29. Which Pennsylvania City was home to famous movie actor Jimmy Stewart?
30. What Pennsylvania City was named the capital of the US for one day?
31. What is the state insect?
32. Who gave Penn’s Woods to William Penn?
Answer- King Charles II of England
33. What is the PA county with the least population?
34. What does “Pennsylvania Dutch” really mean?
Answer- Pennsylvania German
35. What is the state tree?
36. Where was the United State’s first major nuclear power plant accident?
Answer- Three Mile Island
37. What PA town was the first ever to be illuminated by electricity in 1881?
38. What writing instrument was invented in Philadelphia?
Answer- Pencil with Attached Eraser
39. The first white settlers in Pennsylvania were of what nationality?
Answer- Swedish & Dutch
40. What river in Pennsylvania flows north?
41. The first and only surrender by George Washington occurred in 1758.
Answer- Fort Necessity
42. What did Pennsylvanian Christopher L. Sholes invent?
43. The “Big Mac” hit of McDonald’s originated in what Pennsylvania city?
44. The first public library in the united state was established in Pennsylvania in what year?
45. What is the name of Pittsburgh’s popular football team?
Answer- The Steelers
46. Can you name the famous golfer from Latrobe, Pennsylvania?
Answer- Arnold Palmer
47. What time zone is Pennsylvania located in?
48. What musical instrument did Anthony Faas patent in 1854 in Pennsylvania?
49. What is the state animal?
Answer- White-Tailed Deer
50. What form of public transportation first began in Philadelphia in 1884?
51. Can you name 2 branches of the Pennsylvania Legislature?
Answer- Senate & House of Representatives
Hope you enjoyed these Pennsylvania Trivia Questions. Please leave a comment below and share if you like the content. Check out 101 General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers – Part 1 here. Check out 51 Interesting United States (US) Trivia Questions and Answers